Pikachu Trophy Card Prices

Looking for more information on what sort of budget I’d need for any of the pikachu trophy cards:

(not sure about the years between this, can’t find much info).
(can’t find much info on the cards after this either).

Sorry if some of my information isn’t accurate.

Also would like to know which trophy cards have the pikachu artwork if my information isn’t accurate, thank you!

1 Like

How much are you willing to sell one if you own one? That’s your answer.

3 Likes

i asked teh same question in the last thread. i think the general answer is that because these are all super rare, it is basically whatever you are wiling to pay and if the seller is willing to let it go for that price…

by making purchases, you’ll set the price for the card a little. whatever you pay should be worth it, right?? :blush:

To give you some numbers: the last 1998 No. 2 Trainer sold for $23k. However the advertising on it was bad. It could have sold for more I assume.

Two people asking about these, as well as 2 messages I got about them, tell me some have popped up somewhere? Very odd.

5 Likes

i just saw some 1998 and 1999 trophy pikachus on ebay. i think they’ve been listed for a while now…i think they are listed for around 70k and 100k each.

that 1998 1st place is a PSA 7…i would probably be willing to pay around $20k for it.
the 1999 3rd place is PSA 9…

either way, both rare cards. i think getting either for around 20k is a decent buy.

was it a psa 9?

I highly doubt any of the 2 sellers (who are both members here) would sell for $20k.

The one sale i mentioned was a psa 10 but like I said the seller junped on a sale with 0 patience

2 Likes

I spoke a bit with @zeb, but the reality with these cards is they are too rare for one value. Literally some of the rarest cards in all hobbies, not just pokemon. Sales represent data points, not trends, and certainly not absolute answers.

As @pokeg, mentioned, 20k is definitely under what most people are being offered and/or accepting. I also have baseline snap purchase prices for all trophies that are at or above what most people are willing to pay. They have always been difficult to obtain, now more so than ever.

3 Likes

agreed, these cards can justice any price point, and the swing can be big. maybe when i am ready, i’ll make an offer to those guys, if the cards are still available. :blush: