Should I buy this rare Pikachu card?

Hi everyone,

I am a new forum member. I have been collecting Pokemon toys since 2004 and Pokemon cards since 2010. My collection of

Pokemon cards is small with no more than 350, and my most expensive card cost me $200 US. There is a local Pokemon

Collectors’ Club where members buy, sell, and trade cards. Not long ago, a collector in the club came up to me and asked if I

would be interested in a 2005****Japanese Pikachu Gold Medal card, graded PSA 10. He wants to sell it for $10000 US. I have

seen only two copies of this card sold on ebay since ten years ago. I don’t remember what the winning bids were for the two

copies. I think the card is very rare. I found an image of the card somewhere and uploaded it to this thread below.

(1) Given its rarity and its perfect grade of PSA 10, do you think it’s worth 10K?

(2) I don’t want to get ripped off. Do you think buying this card for such a high price is a good investment?

Can you give me your opinion?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Isn’t this like a $10 card…

3 Likes

No.

1 Like

I’ve got a Nigerian Prince to introduce to you haha :blush:

4 Likes

Its worth 10k. I can cut you a deal for 7k though.

2 Likes

LOL

Im done hahaha, 10k oh my gooodness!

Use this buddy:

www.psacard.com/auctionprices?utm_source=email&utm_medium=marketingemail&utm_campaign=email-psa-apr-2018jan5&spMailingID=55710652&spUserID=Mjk4OTMxMjU1MjI3S0&spJobID=1320871719&spReportId=MTMyMDg3MTcxOQS2#0%7Czapdos

So many better things to spend 10k on… sealed product!

Can I have that person’s name so I can put them on my IRL block list? Yikes!

2 Likes

Is this the card?

www.psacard.com/auctionprices/non-sport-cards/2005-pokemon-japanese-promo/victory-medal/auction/1110534

PSA 8, 9, and 10 are Pop 1 each. Total PSA Pop is 3. It does seem rare, but yeah, seems like there are much better ways to deploy 10k in capital.

2 Likes

Do you know the number for 911? Dial it and describe this person.

dont do this

Don’t listen to ssjc, you should totally call the police over an overpriced card. Also, if you need advice on how to clean a card; one word, sandpaper.

9 Likes

My God. If you have 10K to spend then get some more common but valuable cards that add up to some serious value. WOTC Sealed product is a great idea or simply some first edition graded product.

Everyone thinks this card is overpriced. That’s what I thought. I will negotiate with the seller. How much do you think is a reasonable price?

1 Like

Dude do not negotiate with this guy. If he wanted 10K for it, it’s not even worth speaking another word to him. move on.

6 Likes

I just spoke to the seller about how ridiculously expensive his card was. I told him that I had asked forum members on Elite Fourum for their opinions of the card price. They all thought it was overpriced. The guy felt embarrassed and apologized. Then, he asked me to make an offer. I said I wanted to think about it.

He really wanted to rip me off. But now, he feels guilty about trying to cheat me. How much should I offer? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Why would you want to deal with someone who was trying to pull the wool over your eyes?
I wouldn’t offer him a cent.

Sounds like he’s just trying to find a sucker to offload a hard to sell item.

2 Likes

he may not have known better and assumed a card being pretty rare and seldom seen makes it automatically incredibly valuable. Alot of people make that assumption. Throw out a number you think is worth it. If you really want it, have a reasonably generous offer. Since it is POP 1 and 2005 victory medals mostly do not pop up, I would say $500 is beyond generous, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone more versed gives a better number. Throw out a number below that and see what he says.

Incompetent at best, malicious at worst. I wouldn’t interact with this person anymore unless I was REALLY needing this card

2 Likes