Tracking Prices For Vintage Sealed For WOTC to EX Era

Hey guys, are there still active/updated threads on current prices of vintage sealed booster boxes for the WOTC and EX era? I used to follow the “Tracking EX Series Booster Box Prices” and there was one for “Tracking WOTC Series Booster Box Prices” but somehow the later one disappeared and the EX one stopped being updated since 2021-ish? Are there sites that track these and are there places where you can sell these? Reason I’m asking is I’m looking to sell a respectable amount of sealed boxes in the near future that I’ve kept in the collection since 2008 from Base Set Unlimited to Neo Destiny Unlimited to EX Team Rocket Returns and more, but there just aren’t any places to check current prices?

1 Like

Believe it or not, the EX Series one is pretty up to date – there just haven’t been almost any auctioned off over the past 1-1.5 years.

P.S.: if you have a Ruby box, pls sell it to me :slight_smile:.

Is it that rare for EX Series boxes to be sold and bought these days? And just in terms of provenance, does that garner a high price? Reason I am saying this is I used to be an OG PokeTuber from 2008 - 2013 where I documented the majority of my collection there as well as opening them up…etc. Channel has a couple million views and some of the cards I opened and pulled there I graded with PSA - basically, all of the boxes I would potentially sell in the future was bought and sourced from the same places as the ones that I opened on YouTube and graded with PSA. They have never left my collection. Lastly, I unfortunately do not have a Ruby & Sapphire Box… but loved opening them two decades ago!

These are some of what I have (have loose packs and more but I don’t want to burden people with too many photos). I have had offers in the past via Instagram but never thought to sell.

7 Likes

Is it that rare for EX Series boxes to be sold and bought these days?

At least publicly, yeah.

And just in terms of provenance, does that garner a high price?

Provenance is certainly important, but it’s more of a prerequisite rather than something that would further increase the price of the box. Then again, we have a member here (rainbowgym) who recently sold some EX boxes for incredibly high prices privately. And those prices may very well have been a reflection of the impeccable provenance of her boxes. So it’s possible the market places significantly more value on provenance now than it used to.

And wow, you have some gorgeous boxes! There was one recent Emerald sale via HA, but it went for an abnormally high amount. TRR/UF/DS haven’t sold publicly in forever, though. Conservatively, you should be able to get $13k+ ea for UF/DS. And for TRR, more than double that. For your WotC boxes (outside of Neo Destiny), you should be able to get price history pretty easily since those are very common boxes.

1 Like

TRR was on PWCC recently. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oops, forgot about that! And DF sold that night, too, I think. Both of those prices were pretty much exactly in line with expectations – they’ve been in the $23-$30k range for 3+ years now.

1 Like

A couple of months back, but yep!

3 Likes

Oh wow! Thanks for that. How does one go about checking PWCC solds? Do you have to have an account with them or? I live in New Zealand so I don’t follow many things like Discord, something called Golden Auctions?, PWCC I’ve heard of, eBay of course, and all these other weird sites and people on the Tube these days that I don’t recognize anymore.

https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/

I see I see. Learning how the new world works. Feels like I’ve been hibernating in the other end of the world doing my own thing in the last decade or so. I appreciate it. And I just realised you are the guy who made the EX Era price tracking thread hahaha. Well, to be frank I’ve had offers on Instagram for my sealed like Delta Species for a slightly higher amount than $13k ish, but who knows they may have been just bluffing, the same with other boxes. I don’t have pictures with me at the moment… Let me see if I can find some photos to share…

1 Like

Goldin and Heritage are big auctions houses like eBay and PWCC. I think your boxes would do best on PWCC, personally. Goldin and Heritage can have some crazy variability because they’re a bit “boomer-y” and highly focused on other things beyond TCGs (e.g., art, memorabilia, sports, coins, currency, etc.).

1 Like

Haha yup.

And I don’t doubt it at all – $13k was an intentionally conservative estimate.

1 Like

I really appreciate you being very helpful and am grateful and don’t take you and Dyl’s kindness for granted. Thank you both again.

I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but here’s some of what I have sealed in the collection as well as some of what I graded.

9 Likes

Absolutely – always happy to help. And wow! You have some great stuff. Gorgeous GS set.

2 Likes

DS you should be able to get 16+ and TRR one sold privately the other day for 34k after that pwcc auction. TRR hasn’t sold below 30k to my knowledge in a long time. Emerald you should also be able to get >15k. DF I think around 25k is right.

Ya I’d buy delta for 16-17 probably and I know tons of others who would too. Weird set with basically not much going on for ex cards (and we all know ex era holos are worth less than the card stock they’re on) but the gold stars save it big time by being upper middle tier imo (right below the top dogs of TRR and Deoxys)

1 Like