EX Sealed product value variance?

Can any EX collectors explain why there is such a variance in value of EX era packs and boxes. i understand that dragon frontiers is the most because of gold star Charizard. But why are packs of ex delta species worth nearly double Holon Phantoms and why is Power keepers so relatively cheap. Also if anyone has rough values on boxes Emerald to D+P would be much appreciated.

Ex power keepers I guess had a huge print run (relatively speaking) in the wake of the total sellouts of dragon frontiers. (This is what I have heard) I bought several of those and ex ruby and sapphire boxes last year for quite cheap relative to all the other ex series. They were all over the place then, harder to find now but still cheaper.

As you know, all pricing is based on supply and demand. Many of the higher priced boxes are priced as such because they have great cards, and/or because they were printed during the doldrums of the Pokemon franchise and have such a limited quantity out there. Most ex sets have gold star cards and some of the pricing is due to the fact that you have a ~1:72 chance of pulling a valuable card, so the off chance at that great pull drags up the value. I really wish we had actual numbers on total print runs. It would be an interesting few weeks/months if Pokemon were to ever come out with the list as we would likely see a scramble for some of the more limited boxes and sets. I imagine it would affect the value of some sets if they did so.

hmm, intresting. I am trying to decide which set to collect. Where is the best place to find values? eBay complete listings is not the great in all honestly, ex delta species boxes seem to go for $1000? If you dont mind me asking how much did you get your ex r+s and ex power keepers boxes for?

I have been collecting Pokemon for a long time now and just trying to get a footing on the prices and what to look out for. I agree if they release print run numbers that would be very useful. Just trying to pick a set which is desirable but not too pricey to collect.

I paid obscenely low amounts for all the ex series boxes that I opened (compared to today’s prices). Ruby and sapphire as well as power keepers were regularly going for ~$360-$450 last year. I paid under $600 for Delta Species and I think Deoxys was the most I paid which was around $700. ex sandstorm was another easy to find last year for ~$450. These really are bad prices to pay if you plan to make any money. I lost money on some even last year paying less than half of current prices. Some I made out well on.

It’s kind of sickening to think how little I paid for some of them compared to what they sell for now, but I have been watching booster boxes since then and very few if any sold for the ~6-12 month period after I bought all mine for many of those sets. The price took a huge jump in between sales as there just aren’t many out there. Nothing like the WOTC boxes that have sold for all prices in between on their hike from ~$35-$450 jungle and fossil boxes last year to now being ~$800 or so each.

Out of interest, would anyone know the ballpark figure for a sealed EX-Dragons booster box? I had a look online and couldn’t find anything.

Thought this was the best place to post it as it was relevant to the thread.

If its not allowed, i’ll remove.

Thanks!

This is the only I could find: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-EX-Dragon-Sealed-Booster-Box-2003-VERY-RARE-/252503717405?hash=item3aca64f61d:g:GI8AAOSw-itXtId~

equally if you know where i could find a couple of ex delta species booster packs for a reasonable price let me know.