Toploaders without Teambags --> Dust on cards?

Hi,

I want to store my cards in toploaders instead of card savers.
Is it fine to put cards into a ultra pro penny sleeve and then into a regular toploader?
Or will dust come in from the top? (inside a cardboard box, talking about long term storage)

Some people put the toploaders in team bags. Is this necessary?

Thank you all!

Soft sleeve + Toploader = confirm I have no dust (period of 5 years so far).

Team bag not necessary.

You’ll probably attract all the dust in the room to the toploaders but cards inside will be fine

1 Like

Just put the card in the penny sleeve upside. And then put the penny sleeve in the toploader upside down. That way the opening of the penny sleeve is facing the bottom of the toploader so the card is basically ‘sealed.’

Pennysleeve toploader and teambag is perfect

I will recommend the bag, not only for the dust (they do get dust if you display them) but to keep them clean when you manipulate them with your hands

Here’s how I still store most of my cards, that aren’t in card-savers, since card savers are no longer as economical as they once were…

Put the cards into Ultra pro penny sleeves, then into top loaders.
Place each holo set and/or batches of non-holo sets into zip-lock brand sandwich bags. Then line up the sets into a Sterilite container (like #1755)

I still store dozens of already completed sets this way for many years and have never had to worry about condition/weather effects. This can be done the same way with cardsavers instead of toploaders.

1 Like

I have a bunch of toploaders stored in BCW boxes and there is no noticeable dust inside/on the cards - I would only put them in team bags/ziplocks if I would like to display them or if there are any problems with moisture.