How do you store holo cards

Hey was just wondering how you guys store your bulk holos. Obviously for non-holos most people store them sleeveless in a cardboard box, while ultras go in toploader/card savers, however how do you guys store the holos and perhaps Reverse holos

xy series? same as the bulk in the cardboard box lol

1 Like

Rare holos get a deck protector/hyper mat type sleeve while common/uncommon reverse holos get a penny sleeve.

Full size penny sleeve(not tight) then inserted in card saver 1s. I transferred over all my toploaders to this system and love it. They’re cheaper, take up less room, and don’t show wear as bad.

Everything that’s foil is going into penny sleeve. Everything that has rarity goes in additional top loader or semi rigid. Gotta agree with Gary on this, cards in semi-rigid save so much space. And if you ever need/gonna sell them it’s so much easier packaging them.

1 Like

Indeed as Gary mentioned, penny sleeves. I find myself using these for all my bulk and extra sets apart from energies. Since I only collect wotc sets and cards I really don’t want to damage their edges.

Bought 10,000 more the other day actually. lol

4 Likes

This is one pro packer here. You all can feel safe buying his cards;)

Two things I can add:

1. Cards look so much better through card saver 1s
  2. I don’t care how hard you try, it’s impossible to shake a card out of a card saver 1 so it’s safer than a top loader which is easy to shake a card out. Then put a team bag over the toploader so the card can’t shake out but it distorts the viewing pleasure of the card.
1 Like

That’s a lot of penny sleeves o.o

I like to double sleeve sometimes, you can buy 2 loose sleeves, not too tight like Gary said. Some people can even triple or quadriple sleeve cards haha…if they really wanted to… it is overkill, but it is possible, but not recommended to do that.

There is nothing wrong with oldschool 9 pocket pages and binders as well, Just don’t overfill or cram them too heavily.

Is it safe to fill the 360 card binders ultra pro, as I have about 7 and most are nearly full with sets in numerical order,Ive been meaning to ask if its ok to do that and have then upright on a bookshelf? or does it damage the lower cards in the binders?

Cheers

Don’t have them upright, i learned the hard way, the cards in spots 1,4 and 7 bend over time

have the folders laying down if anything

1 Like

have to agree here, setting binders up straight is nice and all but for my own paranoia i rather have them laying…
cozy inside a binder casette :3

I would say storing cards in the Ultra pro 360 card binders is better. If they are cards you are going to keep and don’t plan on grading, this will do just fine, takes up less space than 360 card savers I would think, and similar cost, cheaper if you aren’t buying the card savers in bulk.

Also good for c/up reverse holos, I’m not expecting to grade current RH c/uc non popular species for the next 100 years…

yoy can sleeve cards in the binder if you want. i would only go card savers for older/more valuable holos and cards you want to grade and sell as singles imo

Alot of the cards in my binders I would like to grade like the ultra ball sr from s+m, old school cards and so on.I put in a pro matte ultra pro sleeve then into the 9 page 360 card binder, upright on my shelf.

whats a binder cassette please?

A binder casette is a like a sleeve for binders, you can store binders inside and they will be protected. allow for easy side by side stack or just on top without putting strain on the binder itself.
It’s also really easy to take binders in and out of them.
I’ve posted what they look like here :blush:!! :

www.elitefourum.com/t/how-to-store-complete-sets/15957/1

Since i’m not near my binders and cant take a pic atm

I use loads of these currently

For Holos after 2003:

1.)Penny Sleeve(Perfect fit sleeves not recommended)

2.)Toploader(Using a light tap technique to insert into place)

3.) Team Bag

4.)Place in a box

5.) Store in place of preference(Dry & cool place preferably)

For Media Factory or WOTC cards:

1.) Penny Sleeve

2.)Toploader

3.)Insert into a Toploader Binder

4.) Lay Toploader Binder horizontal inside preferred case(I use a black suitcase)

5.) Store in location of preference(Dry & Cool)