A question about top loaders

I have a brilliant stars trainer gallery card (TG19/TG30) and I penny sleeved it and stored it in a ultrapro top loader. I travel around with this card often. Would this potentially damage the card?

If it’s not moving around, prone to being bent, or prone to being crushed by larger items it’s unlikely, but how are you storing it for travel?

If you’re carrying it in a purse, pouch, messenger bag, etc. Maybe one of these would be a better choice for better protection:

smile.amazon.com/BCW-1-MCH-35-Magnetic-Card-Holder/dp/B016VVP8B2?ref_=ast_sto_dp

1 Like

I store them in the side of my bag zipped up. Thanks for suggesting the magnetic card holder to me! I’ll order some soon.

1 Like

If you dont do anything weird with it, like putting pointy heavy things on it I would not worry. One thing I would recommend is to have a teambag over it to stop it from falling out. Tape or an elastic will also do the trick.

3 Likes

I suggest double sleeving the card if transporting it frequently in a top-loader. Over many years I have accidentally dropped a few top-loader/penny sleeve protected cards and found that the card’s edge can be damaged by the impact of the card hitting the inside of the loader. By double sleeving (or using a stiffer deck protector sleeve) it adds friction and will lessen the movement and/or force of impact if the card were to fall. Top loaders work great for transporting when properly sleeved.

Also worth noting that magnetic one touch can pop open in a fall.

1 Like

I would also be concerned about dust or dirt getting in the top loader/sleeve if being transported loosely in a bag. Double sleeving can help but something more enclosed like suggested above would be a good idea too.