Too good to be true moment?

What was your “it’s too good to be true” moment in Pokémon?

Wether it was a an item you got at a steal or it turned out to be fake/a scam.

7 Likes

These two come to mind.

3 Likes

Entered one of those raffles you see advertised on facebook sometimes. Company had good reviews on trustpilot and all that so I took a chance.

Won a few decent prizes like base set boosters and then I got a phone call one night i’d won a sealed team rocket booster box. I sold it days after it arrived as I dared not open it.

I can blame that gambling win on getting drawn back in to the hobby in a big way though as it kickstarted me collecting sets again.

6 Likes

When Logan Paul offered me on the phone to do a podcast with him and Gary… :headstone:

25 Likes

Wait really? Why did it never happen?

3 Likes

imagine the salt that would have followed THAT appearance!
Well played, Scott!

@pfm
lol. The commentary. Epic Fart Swirl premium!

3 Likes

I think scheduling

2 Likes

There’s currently a box of Base Set and Base Set 2 on my local marketplace - Lady is asking 10k for both

3 Likes

Bought an opened Japanese Neo starter deck for around $15 that had cards inside. Box was in MP condition, but I like vintage theme decks. The shop let me take a quick peek inside, and it looked like there were about 60 cards, so I figured I had nothing to lose. Got home, started sorting through the cards, it indeed had all 60 cards including the 2 random Neo 1 holos. And there was one extra card inside - a Corocoro Shining Mew,

7 Likes

Omg no way. Wow what a surprise!