What's your most recent purchase? (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from What's your most recent purchase? (Part 1) - #10266 by PokeBahl.

Previous discussions:

13 Likes

I was the 10,000th post? That’s awesome.

12 Likes

First

2 Likes

Second, technically

5 Likes

Waiting for this one and a few others to arrive in the mail. Very slowly working on the various e-reader sets in Japanese (E1-E5). Luckily, I collected all the holos years ago.

15 Likes

Is there a miss in the e-series? I am honestly picking up all of them I see at the LCS. They rarely have holos, but, NM ones I am yoinking. Especially Expedition

2 Likes

Excited to own this one!

18 Likes

33 Likes

Foil treatment is sick!

4 Likes

Dude we gotta get a video of that dark charizard eventually

8 Likes

That one might live in the vault for some time, it will cost me so much to ship it back to myself. However, here’s a video of my test prints which shows my slowbro.

Jaws Test Prints

11 Likes

LOVE This set. GREAT CARD!


@jaws , What the story behind “spectratech” dark zard? That also looks really cool with that illustration.

edit: No worries, jaws! I went to check out that video! And once again, Congrats! As you mentioned there, you were hoping to get the zard. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yes, they’re part of a collection that Keiko Fukuyama did. They’re really cute and innocent.

Here is another set by him.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/198130350036?_skw=keiko+fukuyama+pokemon+postcard&itmmeta=01M3Z5256AMHT61TZ9KF6PKR5T&hash=item2e217d37d4:g:9B8AAeSwi1JqX28N&itmprp=enc%3AAQALAAABAGfYFPkwiKCW4ZNSs2u11xCceIyL2Nlhf%2BWtndrlE72WuKstJPNeTOUnMoRBwfAOYs%2FzFMqLbhzVAonMfcqdRteGjWscgQRBBWbsMyzAQ2exU9qpsJq1MzzB1RLqAT479c%2BNSZIY%2BMfv7h%2FYaeCpwJOwoKKeDqPB7iX0zj4hQ%2F14AyAI2%2Bta%2BkaWzwtge%2FnyuIGmbejYXKMJbaQwCDirBvMtjUEKwE09s9O7y1a7jPVSKSxvonYiKqQt%2BR7HuJat0gW8jXLTDkeh9633CTcoyszD82qfEVKlAHWItlIl7eq3Dk5VUK6ypExkaVjykrr8HLl2y4tDPvuFXcbPqEVOgFw%3D|tkp%3ABFBMytOI5Z9o

10 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that Charizard test print, it’s awesome! Makes me want one now but it must cost a pretty penny. Specially because buying a raw one would be too risky.

1 Like

First

1 Like

There are no more raw ones, the sheet was cut and graded and the other miscut ones are spoken for.

This charizard was at auction, the last one was an 8.5 but it was Charizard/Dark Gyarados.

Goldin auction

CGC article

2 Likes

I see, thanks for the heads up. It’s too expensive for me right now, but maybe in the future I could I get one too. I’m not even that much into error cards, but the different foil on these ones is really cool.

These are technically not errors, but the interest crosses over to error collector. I’ve been focusing on prototypes/test prints

1 Like

I knew it had to be an e4 member! Haha wanted this one bad but my $8600 bid was outbid with like a week to go :laughing:

1 Like

These are awesome, I remember seeing something similar when I was a kid on Ebay (Back in the early 2000s) I love the memorabilia like this, last year I got a Pikachu Run backpack from an event in Hong kong, there all a great part of Pokemon History!