Cinnaminhbun's Collection Thread

Hi guys! I discovered this forum recently after finding the infamous @smpratte on Instagram and asking around a few people for advice on picking up a card I’ve been wanting for the past decade, if not a bit longer. I’ve spent the past few years collecting a LOT of Pokémon plush, but once I got my grails, I decided to really, really slow down. Fast forward to recently, though, and I decided to pick up an old dream of mine!

Tada! A bit of backstory on my latest pickup- I’ve always wanted the Latias gold star card. When I was about 13 or so, I had the Mudkip and Treecko gold star cards. I sold them during my college years a few years back for $30 each because they were in AWFUL condition. I was a kid who didn’t know the value of what I had, but alas, here we are. Any who- back then when I was into researching these cards in general, I fell in love with the Japanese versions of the Latias gold star card. I am not a fan of the english cards (unless it matches very well, like on the Torchic gold star card). The Latias gold star card, in Japanese, is, in my opinion, one of the most aesthetically pleasing cards ever made. The muted colors allow the gold in the star, the Latias, and the hints of it trickled through the artwork’s border to really shine. I can’t get enough of it. I was captured by it when I first saw it and I am proud to say that it is the first ever PSA graded card in my collection.

It’s great to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

20 Likes

Nice addition right there! Latias is also one of my favourite gold stars and I was too so excited to pick PSA 10 1st ed. copy back in the days. :blush:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the fourum.
Love plushes but it takes up much less room to collect cards;)

1 Like

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I’m exciting and I feel bad for ever stepping away from this. The market dynamics in the Pokémon TCG are so much more interesting than that of the plush market… mainly because that market is just so much smaller. Plenty of things holding their value or increasing in value but finding the right buyer is definitely harder overall.

Any who! Here are some scans of two cards I picked up recently on eBay for… what I thought were very good prices. Going to get them graded (my first time sending cards in)!! I’m hoping that I can offset the cost of Pikachu by selling Umbreon. Would love for Pikachu to come back a ten. It’s my favorite of the english gold stars because like Torchic, the colors actually work well with the yellow card border.

So excited! ^^

9 Likes

awesome gold stars, welcome to forum, looks great :blush: love these artworks ^^

Thank you @kkthxbai! :’) I love gold stars so much. Really hoping for that 10 on the Umbreon and Pikachu. I sent them in last week. Hopefully I’ll receive an update soon- it was my first ever PSA submission. I am a big fan of finding these raw cards to grade so I present my latest pickup, a card I haven’t seen available in near mint condition for quite a while:

The card only exhibits minor imperfections… most of what you see on the holofoil is just dust that got in the way. I can only count three incredibly faint scratches only visible in very specific light. The card is super, super clean! A contender for an easy 9 if I’m not mistaken- but I won’t really know the feel of grading until I get my first five cards back. This is tiding me over while I anxiously await my base set unlimited Charizard to come back. Can’t wait!

7 Likes

Two new permanent additions! Old versus new Mitsuhara Arita work. So awesome. Pulled the Mewtwo myself and I got the Charizard in a random base set on eBay so I’m happy with the grades both got!

8 Likes

Grabbed this guy from eBay for less than the price of a PSA 9 raw, and it came back a 10! Latest permanent addition:

14 Likes

New addition. It’s not in good condition- it’s played. But he’s my first ever 1st edition base set Charizard and I love it so much! I will get it graded with the authentic-only designation, and keep it preserved like that. Glad to have picked it up before the prices skyrocket even further… haha. :blush:

10 Likes

Finally got one of my favorite cards, and in PSA 10 guise no less! I purchased it along with the accompanying starter trio for $50, sold the trio for more than $50, and this card ended up grading a 10. A lovely journey and a very affordable way to add this card to my collection.

6 Likes

What is it?:thinking:??

Bruh… “let’s trade please” campaign card.

1 Like

Nice had no idea that existed. Very cool.

2 Likes

Cool Charizard

1 Like

Wasn’t ever even planning on owning this card, but I graded it from a lot I bought and figured I’d keep it! It’s so cute. It’s definitely my favorite of this set’s trio in terms of artwork, so yeah! It’d be cool to own the set but that Vaporeon is quite elusive.

10 Likes

Latest addition to the collection! I sold two of these back in college for like, $400 each and I’ve regretted it ever since. Been on the hunt for an affordable way to add an excellent condition one to the collection since I started up again. Ended up trading some cards for this box and I’m very, very satisfied.

11 Likes

Thank you! The case is from @silver.gt on Instagram. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I think it looks fantastic for display and my heart rests easy since I’m no longer afraid of ruining the box.

Charizard’s back from PSA! I still can’t believe I found one in this condition raw.

16 Likes

Damn, that’s another great charizard added to the pool- congrats on the grade!

What a find! Congrats on the grade and base set box trade!

Where did you find the Charizard if you don’t mind me asking @cinnaminhbun

1 Like