Tickets for Worlds 2020 - how does it work?

Hi, I’m wondering of how to get tickets for Worlds 2020 in London. I’ve never been to Worlds, but I assume you need an admission pass/ticket?

Can’t find any specific information on this online.

Thanks!

1 Like

They typically sell spectator badges for $10 and it comes with 2 packs. The date for worlds is usually announced around February. I dont remember when the actual badges were available online. If you stick around I guarantee someone on here will make a thread or post when they come up for sale.

3 Likes

Thank you! Do the badges usually sell out quickly?

Judging by the fact that worlds is in the UK for the first time combined with the popularity of the recent pop up store in London I would expect the badges to be quite in demand. Selling out I’m not so sure being as I have no idea how many attendees the place can hold but I wouldnt leave it too late once they come on sale.

1 Like

I’ll try to get them as early as possible (if I’m going). Yep, the reason it may be my first Worlds is because it is in Europe; waaaay cheaper for a flight to London than the US.

2 Likes

Same for me (It live in The Netherlands). I also intend to go to Worlds in London, and heard the sale starts in February, so I’m awaiting the ticket-sale. As soon as I know the date and have tickets, I can also look for hotels, book flights, and get free days from work.

Does anyone know if the sale starts near the start of February or mid-way through?

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Are the dates for the event actually confirmed yet? I need to get it off work.

@woolsluk, They are not.

A.f.a.i.k. not. At least, I haven’t been able to find any information for it, except that it’s in August 2020, it’s in London, and some information about the tournament itself (which is irrelevant for me as spectator).

Greetz,
Quuador

Same, only tournament info is online. The Pokémon Company have been very secretive about the event so far.

Looking forward to worlds this year, hopefully it’ll be easier to get in to than the Pokemon Center which we (successfully) queued silly hours for from stupid-o’clock in the morning. Supposedly another pop-up shop appearing to coincide with the event as well.

1 Like

In 2019:

the dates were announced on Feb 22nd.
badges became available for sale on July 9th.
and then sold out on August 6th.

In 2018:

the dates were announce on Feb 12th.
badges became available for sale on June 29th.
and then sold out on August 5th.

Buy the damn badges when they are posted if you think there is any chance you’ll go even though they’ve generally taken a month to sell out. No idea how it being in Europe may sway that, and maybe their convention center won’t be as large too. It’s typically only been $10. I’ll probably order one myself when they are posted even though my odds of going are about 0.0001%.

9 Likes

Yeah, cant echo what @gottaketchumall is saying enough. If you think there is a possibility that you will make it to worlds, get a badge and get it quickly. The worst thing is when people pull together last-minute plans to make it because everyone is hyping up how great it is (deservedly so) and you can’t go inside the venue until you manage to find someone selling an extra badge, which are usually marked up.

2 Likes

with how Pokemon works and the badges taking almost a month to sell out it may change for London. Since Pokemon is very hush hush on what goes on. I will say if you do plan to attend ALWAYS BUY IT ASAP dont wait on it cause you may never know what can happen. With how the london center turned out I wont be surprised if it sells out fast and considering Pokemon kinda shafts Europe in merch I do expect LONG LONG lines

3 Likes

Also anyone who wants to come and doesn’t get a badge should still come. The badge situation is very lowkey, they just quickly verify if you have one when you want to go to certain areas.

Last couple years I know e4 members had bought extra. Additionally you can just borrow someone else’s to get in. The vast majority of the time last year, I spent in areas you don’t need a badge to get to. Dont let a badge stop you from coming!

2 Likes

@pkmnflyingmaster, Echoing this! People will have extras, and last year pokemon did a re-sale of badges a week before the event.

1 Like