Thread of Bad Experiences With Companies/ Sellers

Hey y’all I’m just starting this thread to document my bad experiences and to just vent about different things during my collecting journey.

First Story (Pretty Recent and Ongoing): I bought a NM Evolutions Mewtwo Staff Promo for $460 + tax so about $500 (thanks cali tax). I was pretty hyped and when I got it upon first general inspection it was fine with a small scratch on it. Two weeks later and having it just sit in my binder I decide to take a deeper look at it, and BOOM two indents in the corner. So really I just bought a damaged card for NM price. I’ll take more pictures to show y’all later but hopefully I can convince them to give me a full refund. I knew that Troll and Toad wasn’t the best but this is just so disappointing for a card worth a couple hundred dollars. I’m also mad because I can’t believe I missed those flaws the first time I looked at it. I think I was just enamored by the card :slightly_frowning_face:. I’m never doing business with them again. (Looks like this is a setback to the Mewtwo collection :/) I might just sell off the damaged copy and try and buy a real NM copy.

I got banned from the multi-level marketing discord after just one message telling them about the security cameras I have around my house

10 Likes

The thing with Troll&Toad is that they have a fairly simple return policy. You can return any card within 7 days. So if you plan on buying gradeable cards from T&T you can always return them if they’re not what you’re looking for. Generally though, I wouldn’t even bother buying gradeable cards via T&T. I have better luck on TCGplayer but even that is iffy and I don’t think they have a generous return policy.

2 Likes

I missed the 7 day window :slightly_frowning_face:. I got sick around the time that the package arrived and by the time i did notice it, it was too late. Hopefully I could talk to someone there though

That’s hilarious lmaooo, they are pretty sensitive about their product