Troll and Toad Does it Again

Margins

3 Likes

Buy graded cards next time

I’ve consistently had the opposite experience. I’ve sent hundreds of buylists to T&T (both Pokemon and MTG) and they basically never ding me on condition. The worst I’ve ever been dinged is like 15%.

But I’m also very careful not to send in non-NM cards, for precisely this reason. They offer zero transparency for how much their condition downgrades are. Sometimes they offer like 5% of NM value for a played card and sometimes they offer like 90% of NM value. I just don’t even bother buylisting them non-NM cards.

3 Likes

Thats not too bad, they do all the work, listing, storing, shipping, customer service. I would have taken the $100 lost

1 Like

Just sell yourself instead of buylisting

1 Like

T&T is complete trash. Some years ago (probably 2015ish) I got into it with them over a Crystal Kingdra that they sold to me as NM that had a big ass crease on it. Never used them again.

Yeah I’d recommend selling yourself elsewhere I refuse to use a service like T&T personally

Ya I could show pictures of the messages or screen shots. When I sent in modern mint cards I got full payment. When I sent a mixture of moderate to near mint cards it looks like i was paid for damaged prices. I recieved about 1/4th my original offer. I was expecting some deductions but 25 percent was rough! Money was put to good use but I regret it. Im thinking it would have been smarter to send in all the same condition cards vs a range of conditions

I have nothing but bad experience with Troll and Toad. All the NM cards are LP. The “lottery” is not worth it.

3 Likes

I’m confused, you trash them for sometimes having lp cards in the near mint cards and refer to it as “troll and toad near mint” and you send them “ All were absolutely “Troll and Toad near mint” or better.” So your definition of lp or better and expect them to pay near mint? By your own statement 80% of the stuff you buy is near mint so they do know condition but they probably just aren’t 100% accurate with everything they go through.

That’s exactly my point. You say 20% of the cards they send you were not near mint so you buylist the same condition cards and they classify some as non near mint. I don’t think you should be surprised…if it was 1 card maybe it would have passed but if multiple aren’t near mint they will probably catch it. I know recently they stopped taking non near mint cards for evo unless they’re high end so it looks like they’re trying to make changes

1 Like

Either you got extremely unlucky or I’ve been extremely lucky (over the course of literally hundreds of buylists with tens of thousands of cards, all of them pre-2010). Or the cards you sent them just weren’t NM. If you think a company the size of T&T was trying scamming you out of $100, then I’m not sure what to say lol.

2 Likes