Troll and Toad Buylist Leniency

For anyone who has experience with sending cards to T&T, I was wondering, in your experience, how lenient are they with “near mint” condition cards and what kind of offers do they tend to give for cards they find to be not quite NM. I’ve sent to them in the past, but I was curious as I have a card I feel is on the lower Near Mint side, possibly even LP+, and curious to see if they’d still give their buylist price for it. Any advice or tips are much appreciated! Thanks guys.

I sent them a Neo Revelation Ho-oh #7 when I had to sell some cards to pay for school and put it as Near Mint, which it was probably on the lower end of due to some surface scratches. Their buy price was like $23 at the time and before they finished accepting my order, they put it as Lightly Played and dropped it to $18, but the next day it was back at Near Mint. I guess someone got a second opinion before they finished.

1 Like

I have sold quite a few cards to TnT. They will absolutely pay you less than their near mint price if it is LP or HP. I’m actually planning on sending them a high-value card soon that is damaged to see what price they offer.

1 Like

Let me know happens! I’m in a similar boat except my card isn’t super high value (150-200 on their Buylist) and is like LP+ to NM-. Just thinking about sending it in along with some other modern cards I need to get rid of and see what they offer. Looking to see what kind of price drop to expect.

Depending on how you send in the buylist they will leave it to you for review or process it at the lower rate automatically. Typically anything lower than nm is significantly lower than buylist (25%+) and depending on their inventory they may refuse to take an item that’s not near mint.

1 Like

I will! It’s a psa 1 so will definitely be interesting to see what they say haha

This was very helpful, thanks!

1 Like

Buylists are always strict on card conditions, they have to be cause they need to then sell the card to someone that will critique the condition themselves, they also know that once they have the cards you’re probably not going to say ‘no mail me back those cards because you dinged my order by a few dollars’ so anything remotely borderline gets downgraded.

1 Like

They are strict on card condition! If it doesn’t match the condition, they might offer less credit or return the card. Ironically when they sell cards, their definition of mint/ near mint can be interesting.

2 Likes