Buylist(s) for lightly and moderately played cards?

Hi all, I have buylisted 10s, maybe 100s of thousands of mint/NM cards to the big guys (TT, CS, CORE, etc) over the years and have had good experiences doing so.

I am wondering if anyone recommends or knows a buylist that will accept legitimately LP cards. I have tons, WOTC and all generations including many “expensive” ones that I would like to buylist. None are HP/DAMAGED but are all clearly played. Thanks in advance!

So I talked to Troll and Toad some months back. They accept pretty much any condition cards. I was quoted roughly 50 percent of near mint price for moderate to light played cards. Unfortunately they paid me about 1/4 of near mint price and didn’t tell me which cards were docked. I also had near mint cards mixed in. It seems like I got zero credit for my near mints and I was instantly deducted 75 percent of near mint price

Edit: I also accepted store credit fyi and it seemed like my troll and toad credit bonus was completely eliminated. Now when I sent in mint cards I got full quoted about

Thank you for the reply. Interestingly, TT just replied to my email asking about this. Basically, they said they only want NM cards and will only accept a few played cards if they are mixed in with a larger order. Kind of a weird answer, but that’s what they said. I might test buylist some LP cards as sometimes what I consider LP might be NM to others. We’ll see. I’m wondering if there are any buylists I should be checking out besides the three mentioned in the original post?

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a store that has a listed played buylist. Your best bet is to contact the big stores directly to receive offers, otherwise, you might have to list as a lot on eBay or something like that

@crabbycrabb I don’t necessarily have a buylist; but, I would be interested in making an offer on those cards. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

2 Likes

If the cards are all lightly played and not moderately played or worse, I’d try sending them into troll and toad. I’d guess they offer about 50% of near mint buylist price. Worst case scenario, they make a very poor offer, and you ask them to ship them back to you. You are just out shipping costs.
Or another option - become a vendor on troll and toad, and label everything as lightly played. You can set the price and let troll and toad take care of the processing.

Bey all, I’m super grateful for the replies. Many thanks and good ideas. And Oldskool, I’ll reach out in a day or 2 as I have multiple copies of basically every WOTC card ever made…times alot lol. Most are mint and NM. I’m finally upgrading by downsizing to 1/100th the amount of cards but hopefully of the same value…it’s quite the task.

The issue is that you clicked the box allowing them to just process your buylist. If you don’t click that box they will email you that your order has some cards that don’t meet the nm description and they give you a new total number. From there you can reply to that email and find out which cards are being docked. If you aren’t happy with the cards being docked they can ship them back to you and process the rest of the order. Have had this happen occasionally over the last few years with the last time being a month ago so they 100% still do it.

1 Like