Theobromine's Collection

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the Proboards, been collecting for a bit over two years now again, and thought I would share some of my recent PSA returns and growing collection!

There’s no real rhyme or reason to what I am deciding to grade or collect, mostly just cards that I enjoy aesthetically and some that I think would be fairly low population or that I have that are very good condition. My favorite pokemon is Umbreon, which is probably apparent! Thanks for taking a look!

PSA Returns #1
PSA Returns #2
First PSA Submission
Additions to the collection

I also collect random products, pins, and some other stuff. Here are some of what I have uploaded!

Older items
The Lamp

12 Likes

The PSA 10 Shining Mew

3 Likes

Very nice! I really like that Game Boy Dragonite and the Umbreon from Dark Rush Pack Promo.

1 Like

Very nice!! and welcome :blush:

1 Like

Very stoked on both cards, especially the Umbreon, hoping to slowly collect as many variants as I can in a 10!

Welcome man!

I see a fellow umbreon lover :3

1 Like

I appreciate it, and heck yes Umbreon!

Hello, everyone! Been a very long time since I’ve updated my collection post on here, been lurking around but less active until recently like many people with this new surge in interest!

I wanted to post a bit of an update, I’ve sold off a bit of my collection recently (Pretend Pikachu’s) and throughout the years (Shining Mew years ago unfortunately :sob: ) to fuel even more collecting! Lots of these cards were graded by myself 3 or so years ago but definitely some new fun additions to the collection. I have a big submission of around 50 cards currently with PSA now, very excited as my Master Battle Collection promo cards, English / Japanese Shiny Charizards and more are with them, hoping for good results.

Here are updated albums of my PSA collection Decided to just post the images outright :blush: I am a huge Umbreon fan so I separated them for fun. I also have recently been addicted to holo swirls, so I made a little album for those too. Will most likely take some time to gather the rest of my collection together for some pictures to add here soon. Sorry for blurry images if there are any, a bit of hypertension, ill retake them as I see them. Thanks for inspiring me through the years everyoneSwirly imgur album!

This is one of the first cards I got graded and I just can’t let it go.

Very happy I got my hands on one of these in such good condition during the time of the anniversary!

As weird as it sounds, I’m not the biggest fan of Charizard, but I can’t resist a staff and pre-release stamp!

By far my favorite artwork for Houndoom, one of my recent purchases I am very happy about.

This is probably favorite artwork in all of the Pokemon TCG. The color contrast, the cool jacket, everything about it makes me happy!

I came back to the game and collecting during the Roaring Skies era and got this boy graded as a momento, this was such a strong card during the standard rotation so lots of great memories.

I love Dark type Pokemon a ton, so I couldn’t resist the classic holo energy!

Has a nice swirly bit!

Cant go wrong with Battle Festas!

Out of all of the Pretend Boss Pikachu cards this one is by far my favorite, so much color!

Managed to grab this one off Ebay from Mr Smpratte recently :wink: , I have a soft spot for Japanese promos!

Ultra Ball is a classic in the TCG and I had to get one of my gold ones sealed up!

One of the pre-releases I attended that I had a ton of fun at, met lots of great people!

Not a whole lot of value here but I just really enjoy the artwork on these boys, and Pidgeot carried me through the original games when I was a kid, so lots of love.

Lots of memories of being a 10 year old lad trading with my cousins and school friends during the Gym Challenge Era, these cards are super nostalgic for me and the artwork are some of my favorites of the respective Pokemon!

The lads

Some of my more recent pick-ups. The Koffing is a super cool art style. My love for Umbreon obviously spurred the Poncho Eevee, and the Charizard scratched my itch for some more Japanese promo goodness!

I am a huge fan of trophy cards like many people here, but am mostly priced out of the really big chase cards so I work with what I can! Books like these scratch the itch!

[/a]One of the gems that I had graded myself back in the day as well. I had someone on Ebay end up not paying for his purchase of this card recently, so I took that as fate that I should keep her with me for the foreseeable future :grin:
The beginning of the Umbreons! My favorite Pokemon by far and this is one of my favorite artworks.

The sleepy one!

One of the first cards I had graded, by far one of the gems of my collection, even if it did only get a 6 :grin:

Some more Staff stamp goodness! Another one of my early loves.

Missed out on grabbing a Holo version of this bad boy when they weren’t super expensive, but still stoked with it.

Promo goodness!

One of my favorite artworks and promos!

This was my personal copy I got graded, not the best but I still love 'er

More promo love!

Lots more to post thanks for looking if you got this far :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Love the Japanese Promo cards. Very nice collection. Umbreon does have some really sweet artwork.

1 Like

Thank you! The uniqueness and fact that we dont get some of those really cool promos over in the states definitely makes them super enjoyable for me.

Here are a few more random sealed products I’ve managed to grab up, I’m not a huge collector of booster boxes or anything super big ticket as of yet, but I enjoy one-offs of neat limited run boxes.

This is one of the coolest sets recently, and I managed to grab one sealed and one for myself to open up and enjoy! The cards are currently at PSA, hoping for good results!

I love JR Rally stuff! I have a pair of these sealed and opened another pair that I sent off to PSA recently!

I have this really neat Lab Coat from a Pokemon Organized Play event in Berkeley in 2004. Figured it would fit in well with the theme here!

A very nice mail day today

I got this Mario and Luigi Promo box when it first came out but I could not resist picking up this set of the boys when I saw them for basically a steal. Was a little bit worried they would show up worse for wear, but the cards are minty fresh, maybe a 10-15% centering deviation. Hoping for at least a 9 or a 10!

Got my first Gold Medal Victory card as well! Also looks very clean, I love collecting Staff print cards more than anything else but I couldn’t resist stepping into the Medal side of things.

Probably one of the coolest artworks of the recent trainers.

And last but not least, always adding new swirly boys into the family!

Love that Flygon. Nice collection!

1 Like

A bunch of new additions, some noticeable ones:

I have the Umbreon twin of this card at a PSA 8 so I’m excited to get this one slabbed as well! Got it for a fairly reasonable price for the condition. Crosshatch holo’s are wonderful.

Not particularly special, but the art on Erika’s Kindness is super nostalgic for me.

I had one at a 9 that I sold off a few years ago because I thought a 10 was always in my future, I remember seeing this movie in person as a lad.

One of my favorite of the modern full-art trainer artworks, just looks so summer-y and colorful.

I have been sitting on quite a few Japanese Tag-Team All-Star GX boxes and had a bit of a fun evening this weekend opening them with some friends on voice chat, no Reshizard but I am more than happy with the results, no SR duplicates among 6 boxes.
The trainer trio!

The gold cards use of negative space as the “ink” is so gosh darn cool in person and the hearts in the background of the Eevee are wondeful.

1 Like

Love those poncho and mario/luigi pikachus! Congrats! I’m working on that set myself at the moment - I just wish I had been collecting when those boxes were going for $50 each.

Edit: Side note, I think those boxes are still undervalued. PSA pop reports puts the cards at about 80/20 chance of PSA 10 vs. 9, so the EV on just the cards comes out above the cost of the box. Not great margins if you’re trying to make a profit, but seems to be worth the gamble if you’re looking for them in PSA 10.

1 Like

Thanks friend! I managed to sell both of the full art Mario and Luigi Pikachu’s recently, which sorta hurts but I definitely got paid out, my attachment to them was not as crazy as a lot of the rest of my collection. Then I got lucky and managed to snag that lot above of all 4 of the Promos for less than I sold the Mario for! So now those as well as the other two regular arts from my original boxes are at PSA and my butt could not be clenched harder :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Hello friends hope everyone is holding up well. A bunch of random new additions recently as I patiently wait for my PSA returns, would love to share!

Using the intellect of the E4 community I decided to pull the trigger on a few of these Chinese Full Art Lillies which share the artwork with the Battle Day Lillie. The artwork is totally killer and I got them for way cheaper than the current prices for them on Ebay!

Another Lillie PSA 10 I had to swipe up!

Following the theme: I FINALLY got my Pokemon Center Lillie Cosmog Figure as well after an extremely long shipping wait! Brings lots of character to my collection for sure.

Another addition to my PSA 10 Umbreon collection!

My pre-ordered case of Darkness Ablaze came so I could hunt for the Zard, but I managed to pull it in the first half of the first box! Was super excited, looks like a great grading candidate.

Trying to be one of the cool guys with a victory medal :stuck_out_tongue:

Was digging through some of my boxes of collections I purchased 3-4 years ago and found these bad boys! Some 1st Edition Japanese VS cards, there’s a bunch more but notably found a Zard and Blastoise!

Hope everyone is doing okay during these times! Stay safe!

11 Likes

I’m not much for collecting figurines but that figurine is well designed! Great updates!

1 Like

I am in the same boat with figures, thought about keeping it sealed but holy cow is it well-made and really charismatic!

1 Like

Fantastic Umbreon collection! Also, great additions.

1 Like

Awesome VS Charizard & Blastoise! You working on collecting the entire VS set?

1 Like