The New Giant Deal Thread

:wave:I’m :point_right: talking :speaking_head:about that :chart_with_upwards_trend:cheap​:money_mouth_face: Vintage​:anger:Steam siege​:steam_locomotive: fan favorite set​:raised_hands:Pokémon​:sparkles: Shiny​:crossed_swords:Dual types :boom:break cards(Also includes fan favourite Gardevoir featured on your favourite adult category :tongue::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:)

3 Likes

Suspiciously great deal for a thick stamp PSA 9 Blastoise…

3 Likes

I swear I’m not an intentional HilltopTCG shill, but I do follow them on IG.

Use promo code “insta5” for 5% off all Lost Origin preorder products – $100 for a BB ain’t too bad at all. Deal ends tomorrow night.

1 Like

Mint Emerald ex for $100; if I needed it, I’d BIN the hell out of it.

3 Likes

Why cant the reasonable sellers have the stuff I need? :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s super off-centered which is why I’m assuming it got the 9. Looks clean otherwise though

3 Likes

Great deal for anyone completing EX Sandstorm!

3 Likes

Great cards, but both are priced a bit on the high side, IMHO. Those two routinely end at auction for significantly less than the BIN prices on those listings. They’re also the theme deck holos from the set, and the factory-sealed theme decks that contain them are readily available/affordable. Cradily happens to be quite easy to grade, too, having the highest pop of any holo from the set (and by a sizeable margin).

Not trying to put down your post; just my opinion! :slight_smile: I do love both of those cards! Personally, I’d just be a seller at those prices rather than a buyer.

2 Likes

The Cradily is one that I have always been really surprised by how high PSA 10 copies go for at auction. Typically in the 180-250+ range.

It’s a card I personally love, and need for my collection but always back out above $150-170 or so for the reasons you mentioned. It’s a deck holo and not the most popular species.

It’s gorgeous, I guess people are even more into it than I expect.

1 Like

Agreed. Although perhaps I’m not one to be talking, as I did spend $225 on the copy in my set:

But was it a wise purchase? IMHO, no. And similarly, $225 for a PSA 10 would be an unwise purchase, IMHO. Not to denigrate anyone who has spent that much on the card, though! It’s just a very abundant card in high grades and I wouldn’t expect it (either a PSA or CGC 10) to hold that price.

3 Likes

I have 3 mint copies with PSA at the moment that I think deserve 10s. I cleaned out a seller in 2020 who had tons of pack fresh EXS holos and reverse holos. Hopefully I’ll be able to skip buying one graded a 10 but tbh if those all whiff I’ll sell them and just bit the bullet as I do love this card a ton

1 Like

People were struggling to offload NM Cradilies for 99 cents a piece on TCGPlayer not too long ago! The movement on the theme deck holos has been really insane, IMO.

Especialy because it sold on PWCC (they didn’t even remove the sticker from the back before taking a picture) for $4920 not too long ago.
Also high res scans for anyone interested:
https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/items/WEEKLY3129781

2 Likes

Ouch they are taking a beating on that Blastoise, and they still have to cover seller fees

2 Likes

last 2 8.5s that I won were 1890 so 3k for a 9 doesnt seem way off imo

I was saying they paid 5k for it and are asking 3k on ebay, so they are losing about 1/2 their original purchase price after selling fees

true a lot of high prices were set by people like that, 1 month flip for negative profits to buy that Lamborghini

1 Like

if only i had $3000 usd and the seller shipped to canada </3 i actually just saw a psa 8 shadowless zapdos go for $200 CAD. fucking incredible value out there imo

2 Likes

I recently bought a PSA 9 shadowless zap for $370 CAD :heart_eyes:

3 Likes