The Great “Pokemon Hidden In Card Art” Thread

I just did a video on Neo destiny and didn’t notice that cloud! This thread is so good!

4 Likes

Your video is what made me think to post this here :blush:

1 Like

Call me blind if you want but I only realized this today: there’s (Rocket’s) Mewtwo right behind Giovanni in the background!

10 Likes

I never noticed that either!!

1 Like

Looks like you can see the players bench with this switch card, a hoppip and wobbuffet.

There looks like a shadowy figure in the distance for this card. Perhaps tentacool/tentacruel?

I always thought this evil worm antagonizing wobbuffet was really weird.

10 Likes

I have been looking for hidden Tropius, thank you so much!

2 Likes

These Moltres & Zapdos statues in Skyridge Magenton’s art:

9 Likes

Looks like it’s wondered into the Ancient Ruins

5 Likes

@dizzylochs, yes! I love connections like these. Even though one could argue the distance between the statues, I still would agree that it seems like a loose yet solid connection.

1 Like

In the background of the Acerola Extra Battle Day Promo there are Zubats, a Golbat, a Haunter and a Gengar

and in the background of the Guzma there is a Golisopod (not sure if there’s anything else)

I don’t think there’s anything in the Lillie picture, but I may just not be observant enough :blush:

7 Likes

@azulryu Agreed, they’re awesome.

@azulryu @dizzylochs
@jahbless91 actually made a nice article about all the Skyridge cards like those: www.elitefourum.com/t/skyridge-the-story-behind-the-artwork/21227/1 :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Togetic silhouette on the bottom

14 Likes

@suw , such a nice catch because the Togetic from this set is seen flying with rainbow!

14 Likes

@krill,I think that is a mantine in the time shard card!

1 Like

Oh yep, I think youre right!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned - and these are hardly hidden - but these 2 are a nice modern combo:

4 Likes

I’m content if at least one other person did not notice that Heracross is facing a Pinsir here. Like, it’s so obvious that I must have never looked down there. :laughing:

4 Likes

Not exactly hidden, but I just saw this Clefable artwork with some Drifloon in the background, so figured I’d post it here and tag @queendrifloon, in case you weren’t aware of this card yet. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

I didn’t know this! Thanks as always Quuador! I gotta pay more attention to the backgrounds of new cards.

2 Likes