The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Unfortunately my grader was having a bad day lol. No BL that go around

It looks like PSA has started to accept the 25th Anniv. UPC Metal cards again o.O

5 Likes

They’re smart showcasing a PSA 8 since most of those will grade the same. Keep them expectations nice and low

6 Likes

Watch the sales on the 10s. Limited supply no longer limited.

11 Likes

It’s insane how much noise Beckett cards have generated recently when you consider how few they are grading compared to psa

7 Likes

So I grade this card even though the centering seems pretty bad or do I try to sell it raw ? Which grading company would you choose for a card with weak centering ?
Thanks for your help guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got a 10 on this Sightseer with (IMO) worse centering than your Alola Friends. Beautiful card btw!

6 Likes

Heads up and I Really hope its just a mistake from psa but a rep emailed me today

To tell me

Good afternoon,

My team went over your submission and they wanted me to reach out to you regarding the item type.

Unfortunately, the trading cards in lines #1-4 on your submission form cannot be encapsulated. Foil-type and similar types of cards have a tendency to flake off in the holder during the encapsulation process, causing damage to the items. Again, this means that we cannot encapsulate these kinds of cards.

That was in reference to 4 metal cards that i broke outta cgc slabs to send them after they posted saying they would grade them again…

Seriously they said they woudl resume grading about 2 weeks ago how they dont understand this is beyond me

2 Likes

Guessing some employees just didnt get the memo.

My response would be a screenshot and link of the article that PSA released saying they have now greenlit the grading of metal pokemon cards.

I did send them a polite email and the screenshot and link to there own Instagram announcement. Hoping it gets resolved tommorow.

Just will be pissed if they still refuse and send them back to make me reship them internationally to them again to correct there error.

2 Likes

Is this actually sustainable? Grading this amount of cards means releasing large swathes into the environment. Not just psa I mean all of grading.

Well it’s definitely bad for the environment. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A PSA slab weighs 80 grams so the 1.2 million slab are just 96.000 kilo’s of plastic for the slabs alone. In translation for the Americans, thats the weight of 24 million peanuts (or however you guys do weights).

10 Likes

Thanks for your help!

It may be a similar situation to the one in this video - I Graded GOLD Charizard Cards! - YouTube

some of the metal cards inexplicably have more metal, or something, and I imagine it is a tight fit inside the sleeve & case so if the metal cards you sent have this problem, they wont fit in the sleeve/case? Hopefully not and you hear back soon man :crossed_fingers:

Good to see someone linking to TCG Grading, I was going to point out the same thing. But you beat me to it.

1 Like

Thankd for the sugestion they were al previously and recently graded by cgc as in the day they arrived from cgc got cracked and sent to psa so i dont think this is the issue. They all also came from different upcs and cases so if one csrd had it sure but all of them is unlikely.

They havent replied to my email yet but Nat turner told me in Dms he would look into it for me. So hopefully it gets sorted soon!

Ah okay, sounds like you’ll get it sorted!

also lmao, how is it that the CEO is easier to get ahold of than customer services :rofl:

1 Like

I know it’s a joke and all but slabs are closer to 40 grams so it’s only about 48,000 kilos of plastic!

Also, you overestimate nut weight quite a bit. It seems the largest size of shelled peanuts according to the American Peanut Council is Virginia Extra Extra Large. The largest peanuts in this size lot are typically 21 nuts per ounce or 336 per pound. This means the largest average nuts for this size are usually around 1.35 grams. The weight of plastic used in PSA slabs last month using 40g per slab would be around 35.5 million peanuts.

Now if the largest unshelled peanuts of Virginia Super Jumbo or Virginia Jumbo are used, then the answer will differ greatly. The largest unshelled nuts in this size lot are 9 per ounce or 144 per pound. This means the largest unshelled peanuts are typically around 3.15 grams. The weight of plastic used in PSA slabs last month using 40g per slab would be around 15.2 million unshelled peanuts.

Here is the nut grading chart on the American Peanut Council website.
Peanut_Grade_Chart

And a link to the site: Peanut Shelling & Grading

18 Likes