The Giant Professional Grading Thread

I got back 5 of my December $15 Specials in the past few weeks. Only received four upcharges on 201 cards. There was probably 30+ cards they could have upcharged so I am very happy. Also, the four that were upcharged were only upped to $19 so it was only $4 more per card.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had any upcharges on any of my $15 subs which included a Moonbreon that got a 10. You never know what your results may be though

2 Likes

I just had a decent sized sub with no up charges including a special delivery bidoof 10 so that was a nice surprise!

1 Like

do you package your cards the same way for PSA as you would for BGS?

I also didnā€™t get upcharged on my december special with 2 PSA 10 moonbreons, but I did get upcharged on my february special PSA 10 moonbreonā€¦ For some reason it was upcharged to $40, and a few other cards were upcharged from $15 to $25. I donā€™t really understand, $25 and $40 tiers donā€™t exist do they?

I had a Tag Team All Stars Latios & Latios psa 10 go through the $15 tier without any upcharge. I think youā€™re good

edit: from the feb special

1 Like

So it looks like the $25 amount is the Value tier and the $40 amount is Value plus. Not sure why the same cards would get upcharged different amounts unless it had something to do with the market valuation at the time. Ultimately I think upcharges are stupid because itā€™s not like they turn around and give your cards better care after 90% of the work is already done

Right those tiers do exist, mustā€™ve remembered it wrong. Whatā€™s weird though is that the $19, $25 and $40 tier have the same maximum declared value of $500ā€¦ So I really donā€™t understand why some cards were upcharged to $25 and one to $40

Yep, except for BGS subs I slip a $5 bill into a cardsaver. I get a black label every time.

3 Likes

Thanks! I knew there had to be something I was missing! I was going to skimp and give a $2 bill but Iā€™ll make it a $5

1 Like

It looks like they have an upcharge for the missing 999$ value, and that is 40$

Just got my first ever upcharge from PSA ā€“ $19 to $75. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Following up to a previous post I made about reporting an error on PSAā€™s website, looks like I got a follow up email and a status update. Very cool, Iā€™m excited for this card!

1 Like

I went through this process as well, they did fix the error. But its been sitting in assembly since, so for about a week.

Thatā€™s good to hear! Mine is still in Grading but Iā€™m sure it will jump to assembly soon.

Was yours an error in the label? My card is an ā€˜error cardā€™ and needs a special designation and this is a bit of a test run to see if theyā€™ll do it

This new error report feature is really saving PSA here, this was the 2nd time I had sent back this card. Its a variant that they kept saying wasnā€™t different. So after getting them to agree they didnā€™t fix it the 1st time, they marked it the exact same label that caused the 2nd sending to them. Had this feature not been there, I would have had to send it a 3rd time.

2 Likes

I just had an error label resolved as well.

Had my incredible PSA 9 ā€œIllustratorā€ Error Blastoise finally recognized on the label.

I canā€™t wait to get it back.

5 Likes

Do I need to send my card to BGS before it will show up as an order number under my account because Iā€™ve paid but donā€™t see it under orders?

The BGS website sucks. I never understood how to get my order number either. Just log in to the website and then use this link:

https://www.beckett.com/grading/orders

Edit: Sometimes it will take them a week or two for your order to pop up. My last order took them 50 business days to log and 65 business days to finish.

2 Likes

Did you get a black label though? :crossed_fingers: