The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Hi everyone, I am curious to know what PSA grade you would expect for this card since I have never submitted a card which is that bent. I know, just from seeing the pictures you cant be 100% sure, but it would still be nice to hear some oppinions on what grade I could expect for this card :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would expect any grade between 1 and 4

3 Likes

This would make an excellent binder copy.

Cheers!

2 Likes

How do people get PSA to grade cards not on their list?

I’ve got yugioh cards that are quite rare/never graded before.

Ask PSA via the research center. I graded many obscure TCG cards this way.

1 Like

If a similar card/card from the same set is on the list, just submit with a custom name instead of picking from the list. They will add it to the database when they grade your card, and correct your entry if it’s not what they want on the slab.

I was the first to submit some Lost Origin cards, they only had Charizard and Giratina alt in the database so I used the same structure and just replaced the card name/number for the ones I wanted to submit while using the same verbiage as those other entries.

Also as @hermit says, if you have something very obscure, you can reach out to have the entry added ahead of time.

2 Likes

Be aware if you do this with foreign language cards it doesn’t work.
I did send an Italian Firered Leafgreen Charizard EX and got it returned ungraded because they couldn’t verify the release date of the set. I serious laughed about that because official there is only 1 release date which is always the english one.
Even if a 'translated" set is later on the market for the game the english release counts.

3 Likes

You can use their Customer Request Center. I’ve done so before when I wanted to grade the Korean ©2020 Ancient Mew. I added a link to the official Korean Pokémon page for it at the time, and an additional article.

As long as you provide sources, they’ll probably add it. Even if you’ll provided a wiki page (e.g. Bulbapedia for Pokémon) you’ve updated yourself. :wink: For Yu-Gi-Oh that would probably be Yugipedia and/or Yu-Gi-Oh! | Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki | Fandom).

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Thankyou all, I’ve gone done Quuador route first and hope they accept it. If not I’ll smuggle grade them as the normal version of the card.

Im kinda having a hard time believing someone stole the first 6 and last 14 cards… why would somebody not just take all of them? I cant help but feel like theyve misplaced them. I also chose not to buy insurance for my package when i shipped it, so im kinda screwed if theyre actually gone… this is the list of cards i sent.

1st Edition Base Machop
1st edition base charmander
No Symbol holo Pidegot
Shadowless Mewtwo
1st edition Erika’s Venusaur holo
1st edition holo Hypno fossil
Feraligatr Neo Premium File
Neo 1 Feraligatr holo JP
Neo 3 Kingdra holo JP
Blaines moltres holo JP
Blaines Arcanine holo JP
Regice ex PLAY
Registeel ex PLAY
Typhlosion ex 1st Miracle of the desert
Jolteon ex delta species
Reverse worlds giratina holo
Alolan Ninetales GX SV
Articuno GX SV
Hidden fates ETB promo
Yu nagaba pikachu
Celebi V special art s-p/175
Celebration fanfare 2022
Radiant Charizard JP
Radiant eevee JP
Shining Magikarp 25th JP
Scarlet & Violet pikachu promo x2

Idk how im gonna feel comfortable sending cards in to get graded now? The first order i had cards come back damaged and now my second order, 75% of the cards i sent have just mysteriously disappeared. Wtf

4 Likes

This situation really sucks. Did you ship USPS? If so I’d file a claim that your mail was tampered with. From my understanding, postal inspectors don’t mess around

1 Like

Shipped internationally with fedex :frowning:

Wow this is horrible. :frowning:

1 Like

Big sad my friend :cry:

1 Like

And its my birthday in 3 days :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

ask a copy of your shipping/custom forms. You should have filed how many cards were in your package. Fedex should be able to help.
If that amount is correct you can “proof” untill Customs USA how many card you did send.

It makes no sense to remove only a few cards from a shipment for any “thief”.

3 Likes

I will definitely do that, thank you! I also think it makes no sense for someone to open a package, take 20 cards, put 7 back, repackage and deliver it. I absolutely feel like they are at PSA somewhere.

Its frustrating because the first thing they did was ask me if i had pictures of the box or package before i sent it (i didnt). Then the next email is like “the box appears to have been tampered” but they cant send me any pictures or anything of the box, or tell me whats made them think its tampered. It just feels like im kinda getting the book thrown at me a bit and i cant do anything because i didnt keep an image log of the entire process.

Teachable moment: take pictures of your package, in case something like this happens.

Please some input and understanding. I hope people can help me, as I don’t remember.

What was max value on bulk back in Febr 2021? Orders waiting for ever now, is they likely to get upcharge based up on prices now, or from back then?

What will most likely cert-numbers sent in for grading i febr 2021 be? Cards I send in now get 704*****, and it looks like it get the number before it hit’s grading, is this correct, or can i get a cert number later, because it was sent in throu a middelman like Ludkin and Graded Gem.

your cert number is given to the card when its entered, if you submitted back in Feb 2021 y ou’ll probably be around the 62-64 cert range i believe

Does anyone have any experience grading non TCG cards? Like this one