The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Anyone know how PSA calculates shipping cost for returns?
If I submitted 10 cards at the new $25 Value tier and total declared value is $3,000.
Grading fees will cost $250, how much would I expect to have to pay for shipping?

Thanks,

Im not sure how they calculate it, but they tell you how much they charge on your order. From my experience, its been around $50 USD

You could point out even worse PSA 10s

1 Like

https://www.psacard.com/submissions/postage
Here you go

3 Likes

Wow exactly the information I was looking for, thank you! Good to know itā€™s a flat fee, I am assuming they use for insurance.

1 Like

Iā€™m sending out my first PSA sub in a while. Iā€™m seeing PSA shipping instructions which I donā€™t recall seeing in the past. Do I absolutely need to ship the box with opaque shipping tape? All I have is clear shipping tape, scotch brand, but the instructions also say to avoid scotch tape. Iā€™ve only ever shipped to them with clear scotch tape.

Iā€™ve shipped three orders to them using clear shipping tape and all three have been accepted, you should be fine

1 Like

You will be fine. Their packing instructions are suggestive but not required. Do mark the forms and adhere the PSA barcode correctly, though.

1 Like

Great, thanks so much @lamplamp and @Dyl !

2 Likes

Not that there was much value added to white label BGS slabs at all, but they announced all cards will be silver label except 9.5 10 etc. This is an obvious win. BGSā€™s simple label with minimal colors, barcodes etc is the largest reason to use them imo.

This probably only really helps people who have high end slabs in the 8 range (not much of the BGS market at all) but still I like to see it. It also makes me think a full case swap may have been put to the barnburner.

3 Likes

Ok, update timeā€¦

So, I sent PSA an email regarding my order thatā€™s been put on hold. They responded about half hour ago. They said to ā€œPlease acknowledge that PSA did not receiveā€ the first 7 cards, as well as the last 13 cards of my submission, and that the only cards received by PSA were the middle 7 cards. So, somehow, apparently 20 cards of my 27 card submission are mysteriously unaccounted for. I donā€™t see how this is possible because all 27 cards I sent were bundled together between 2 pieces of cardboard. So I donā€™t know how they couldā€™ve opened the package, where all the cards are, and only found cards on line 8-14 of my submission. Not to mention, the email is saying that I only sent 7 cards and that PSA never received the other 20, this isnā€™t right though.

I am honestly feeling ill at the thought these cards are actually lost, I really hope they find them and everything ends up being okay. Of course, all the cards that are not there just happen to be the most valuable and oneā€™s I was most excited about. The first 7 cards were 1st edition base commons, 1st edition wotc holos, shadowless and no symbol holos. I will literally shrivel up and die if these cards are lost. This is only my second ever PSA submission. The first, I had several cards get damaged in the process of grading, and now the second, 75% of the cards I sent have just disappeared. Feeling very demoralized about this. Idk why this is happening to me.

13 Likes

This is wild. I am so sorry that youā€™re dealing with this @needszeebs. I hope that you are able to get it resolved.

I would make sure to get on the phone and talk to someone at PSA. This should not be communicated or solved over email.

1 Like

I appreciate it.

Is there a specific number I should call to get a hold of someone? I am outside the US. I donā€™t know how long calls typically take, but Iā€™m busy with school the next few days, so Iā€™ll have to try calling later in the week. Thanks for your response.

You can reach the PSA customer service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time. In the United States call toll free at (800) 325-1121. Outside the United States call (949) 833-8824 .

Hereā€™s what I found on their website.

https://www.psacard.com/store/t-contact.aspx

1 Like

Very sorry @needszeebs my friend that you are going through this. I canā€™t even imagine the anxiety and unnecessary stress. I am sure this is some admin error which hopefully further communication with customer service will be able to fix.

Hang in there buddy.

Cheers!

1 Like

Anyone know how long it usually takes for new sets to appear in item entry for PSA? I have some Scarlet cards Iā€™d like to submit but not getting any autofill for the set name.

You can still submit with manual entry. It can sometimes take weeks/months for new sets to appear in the search function, even if they already have a pop report.

1 Like

Wow I had no idea. Thank you!

Small PSA: CGC now grades metal cards again

6 Likes

Nice ā€“ thanks for posting! Was literally debating on sending a little cross grading attempt batch off to Beckett or CGC, and now youā€™ve made the decision easy to send in my raw metal cards that got rejected by PSA like the day after the shut them off lol.