The Giant Professional Grading Thread

I recently got a return back from Ludkins from Feb 2021 and the cert numbers were 62xxxxxx.

As for max value on bulk, I want to say it was $199, but my memory is a little hazy too. PSA was pretty generous with upcharges for the most part with me, but I think they do base it on prices now (whether fortunately or unfortunately depends on what you submitted I suppose).

1 Like

I could be wrong, but wasn’t bulk $499 back then? I think the $199 thing just started with the specials PSA ran recently.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure economy was the $499 option and bulk was some amount lower than that.

@odnihs is correct (according to this article):

2 Likes

Thought I would share this absolute monstrosity by psa. It’s a $40 card with a 20K label :skull_and_crossbones:

12 Likes

Thats all it takes to make it in this world; one lazy grader and youre a certified poke legend

5 Likes

For sure a mistake. I wonder if there is a lower-graded card in the same submission that is PSA 10 quality.

Wonder if they upcharged that copy as well?

1 Like

It’s crazy because wouldn’t a card like this have to go through a few set of eyes before being granted a 10? I guess this shows that claim is a bunch of hot air.

1 Like

Whoever thinks every card at PSA gets reviewed by multiple people is blowing some special, special smoke

4 Likes

It is far more likely that the grades for the whole submission were agreed upon, but the labels were printed incorrectly (i.e., the 10 was supposed to be assigned to a different card).

Not surprising. Many 10s like this are out there. All hail PSA.

How strict is PSA regarding how the cards are packaged? I normally follow the cardsavers between 2 pieces of cardboard + rubber band thing, but I’ve only sent in small orders (1-3 cards) and used ludkins for anything more. But would they accept something like a 3d printed box? Would they accept it if I individually wrapped each cardsaver? I have a lot of cards to grade this time and it feels insecure just putting all these card savers in between 2 pieces of cardboard with a coupel rubber bands.

I don’t think it matters much. I usually just put my order in the red card saver boxes and put that in a medium flat rate box when sending to PSA. I will say that individually sleeving each card saver seems a bit tedious if you’re sending in a large order.

2 Likes

I put the card savers in an ultra pro graded card bag (like 15 in each), put those in a bubble mailer, put that in a small flat rate box, and fill any extra space with packing paper. It seems to work well

2 Likes

I love psa!

2 Likes

This happens at a very very low rate generally at no fault to anyone (I can go in to detail if anyone is interested). The long and short of it is encapsulation machinery is no joke. All of the major graders that I know of cover encapsulation failure so reach out and I’m sure they’ll gladly make it right.

Anyone ever received the wrong cards to what they submitted?

Fedex sent me a import tax bill and the description had 122 sports card etc etc rather than my 350 pokemon cards.

Let’s hope for some 1 of 1 kobe’s/lebron’s/jordans

Will update when i receive them on tuesday

5 Likes

Does anyone have insight on if we are able to send higher cost cards as a bulk tier submission?

You can, but they may be upcharges to the correct tier.

A risk to this is if something happens to your cards and they are underdeclared, you would likely be out the actual value of the card.

3 Likes