The Giant Professional Grading Thread

You can ship the 2 orders together to PSA, but they will return separate.

I have cards delayed by PSA also because they are not yet in their database.
They told me it’s most times because they cannot find the release date of “translated” sets.
I remember there are no real release dates available and most distributors didn’t safe that data.
Sets were translated and brought on the market a little later than English ones, however the day they were allowed to use at tournaments was always related to the English release, therefor my conclusion still it, there is no official release date for non english (except Japanese) cards.

1 Like

It may be that probably, It is a shame but it is what it is… thank you!

Changing of subject, I have this 1st ed Charizard graded by psa with a 9, and was considering oppening the slab and take it for Aritas signing event this weekend in france.
For me it looks a fair 9, surface is perfect on the holo, front and back of the card.
Only defect I see is the typical front edge whitening.
Based on all this forum expertise, you think it would grade again as a 9 when sent back? I would also attach the psa label when submitting.
These are the scans from PSA

And here some pictures I took so you can see the edge whitening

No matter what you provide they will grade it again. So it could end up as an 8. And to be honest I would not risk it what that card.
Those edges can easily throw you back into an 8.

But you also have the option to only grade the authograph and not the card itself.
If you insist on having that card graded that might be an option.

Grtz Lia

(You bought something on Cardmarket from me or my son recently)

1 Like

I made the mistake of sending cards to Polaris (aka Ludkins v2) for the $30 dollar tier. Have people already gotten their $30 dollar tier back?

When did you send in? Loads of people that have submitted directly to PSA have gotten $30 orders back

4 Likes

Paid an invoice for 14 cards at the $30 tier on June 17th, haven’t had anything back yet.

I also agree, edges are a little rough.

Yes all of my $30 tier orders returned in the beginning of September.

1 Like

I had the same reaction when I saw these, too. A bunch of pre-2007, English holo CGC 10s? Not a sight that could’ve happened a year or two ago. Hell, even seeing 9.5s back then was rare, let alone 10s.

I was actually a bit suspicious when I first saw it since all of the cards from that consignment appear to be 10s. Even if that person took incredible care of their cards, you’d still expect to see some 9s and 9.5s posted, too.

So I ended up looking at the certs from the submission and it turns out that only the 10s from the (humungous) submission were consigned. The vast majority of the cards in the sub were 8.5s, 9s, and 9.5s, but none of them were consigned for some reason. So yeah, no conspiracy here – just a weird choice from the consigner.

Still, others are correct in pointing out that this is unquestionably a symptom of CGC’s looser grading standards. There’s a reason why you rarely see old-cert 9.5s or 10s on pre-2007 English holos – it’s because CGC seldom gave them. With the grading scale change, CGC actually made those grades attainable. Before, they were unreasonably reluctant to give grades above 9 for pre-2007 English holos.

1 Like

I sent it in when the $30 dollar tier was announced publicly. lol dammit I shouldn’t have sent them to Polaris!!!

thankfully they’re mostly pc cards

It’s officially gone.

BOTH of my $18 July specials have finished and shipped. Total turnaround time from entry to shipping was approximately 2 months. Absolutely nuts.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting on a 110-card submission which I sent to Ludkins in December 2020.

9 Likes

just think. you just hadn’t sent them you would have them back graded by now :frowning:

I’m in the same boat myself. unreal

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t think anyone expected the $18 specials to move through PSA at the pace that $50 orders were doing this spring. These specials got through about a month quicker than my $30 value even.

Very happy turnaround times are back to being reasonable, but if PSA still has not finished backlog middleman orders I don’t know why they’re putting all this effort into submissions shipped 1.5 YEARS later. It adds more to the idea that the backlog is finished and the holdup is due to the middlemen imo.

4 Likes

Yeah, PSA is almost certainly done with the backlog at this point. On August 11th, they stated they were under 1 million cards in the backlog and they have since graded over 1.5 million. Even with only 80% capacity going towards those cards, it’s still well over the stated number.

Didn’t PSA say they received more orders than expected for the $18 Special? I feel like they were exaggerating greatly if people are already getting them back when the turnaround time was 150 calendar days.

I honestly wasn’t even expecting to see Bulk pricing this year, but it seems PSA has the capacity to handle so much more now so we may even see cheaper Bulk pricing in the very near future.

1 Like

They seem to be moving really fast with the bulk/special orders, under promise and over deliver. Wonder if a different group is grading them vs the $30+ tiers.

Shipped a bulk order in this week on 9/26. Arrived 9/28, entered 9/28 and started Research & ID on 9/28. That seems crazy fast. Normally there is a like a week or so between one or both of those steps. Cant imagine it will take the 120 days quoted for bulk at this point, but the later steps could slow things down, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Cracked a few slabs for part of the above submission. Hoping for 10s on the modern cards and 9s for vintage. Except for the SGC 10 Dark Dragonite, will be a bit bummed if it comes back a 9, but not the end of the world. More of an experiment at this point.

5 Likes

The bottlenecks right now appear to be

• moving from RID to Grading
  • moving from Assembly to QA1
4 Likes

When was your Special entered?
Mine arrived 01 august (live in Norway and slow with shipping), Entered 20th August, But still no movment to Grading…