The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Arrived 7/14 and 7/18, entered 7/22 and 7/25. All the $18 specials I’ve heard of finishing were sent in relatively early.

1 Like

Adding my PSA $18 bulk turnaround for reference

1 (72 cards, all Pokemon) - arrived 7/21, entered 7/26 - shipped back 9/18
2 (41 cards, Pokemon and Yugioh) - arrived 7/26, entered 8/1 - shipped back 9/30

Some of the folks that submitted later haven’t been so lucky and have been stuck in Research & ID for over a month.

3 Likes

My $18 special was entered 8/05 and finally hit grading yesterday

2 Likes

Echoing this, I have 2x $18 special subs.

The one that arrived on 7/13 got back to me yesterday.

The one that arrived on 8/2 just hit grading yesterday. This one is also considerably larger but it also took ~3-5 days to be opened after arriving.

1 Like

It’s either that or PSA has so much more manpower now that it can handle a large flood of submissions much more appropriately than it was able to two years ago.

Barring another unforeseen event like the weirdness that was 2020, I don’t think we will ever see that type of backlog ever again.

3 Likes

My $18 order is on the way back to me, while my $30 I did 3 weeks prior is in Q2.
And that $30 was promised to be expedited/handled faster because PSA ruined one of my cards and lost another one.
I don’t call an order ( received at PSA july 5th) being expedited, when 3 months later it’s still not back.

my Polaris $30 dollar tier is shipping back!

5 Likes

:v:

Edit: Adding the link :joy:

8 Likes

My july special order arrived 8/15, wasnt entered until 9/08 and jumped to RID same day. Finally hit grading yesterday (10/4). Wish i didnt drag my feet on submitting :confounded: couldve had them back by now if i did it right at the beginning of July

I know the feeling, same here. But I am grateful I took time to carefully think about what I wanted to grade.

1 Like

Wow, sorry to hear this…

Wow that sucks. Feels bad to see PSA mishandle cards submitted to them. I know they handle volume of cards daily, but they really need to amp up their QC.

A lot better than mine…

July Special
Arrived : 8/01
Entered : 08/20
RID : 08/20

Still No Grading

1 Like

Feelsbadman

Not to add fuel to the fire but just got this from psa :melting_face:

1 Like

In my anecdotal experience, this seems to be more common recently. Maybe PSA is just owning up to it more, but I’ve seen several people post about getting notified by PSA about damage. They damaged one of the cards in one of my recent $18 subs as well.

3 Likes

All them new high school graders

2 Likes

I may just be lucky but this is my first experience with damaged cards by PSA and I grade pretty frequently. Luckily, the two damaged are not the most valuable cards in the world. Not mad as they compensated declared value + grading fee. Accidents happen but it does seem to be happening more frequently. Hopefully they can get these kinks worked out as they make the grading process more efficient.

3 Likes

Seeing as how PSA has expanded and has hired significantly more people, I guess it’s not too surprising. The more graders, the more of a chance for errors like this.

2 Likes

Lol Mckenzie out here jumping on grenades… give them a raise

7 Likes