日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

I have not gotten the amazon pre order email yet. I’ve got a few boxes on order right now - my plan is to chill out now and wait to see what happens with the price. If it goes down, great - I’ll grab a few more. If it goes up, great - I’ll feel good about the ones I already purchased.

2 Likes

Where did you get yours from? I definitely overpaid for 2 boxes from PlazaJapan, but they ship fast and I’m eager for this set

4 Likes

I pre-ordered 2 from the highest rated seller I could find on Amazon JPN and then did the same thing on Buyee/Yahoo JPN and ordered 2 more from a highly rated seller. I’m sure pre orders have the potential to get sketchy/cancelled in the event the price starts to shoot up prior to release. I might have gotten wrecked ordering in a stupid way or for a relatively high price, but I’m really looking forward to the set and we’ll find out.

3 Likes

Its so beautiful :heart_eyes: people are asking like $100 for it on ebay and i just cant justify $100 for a friggin playmat :sob:

3 Likes

Have a friend who was selling for around $50 at Collect a Con Denver, he probably has more left - DM me if you want me to connect you

3 Likes

Will do, good sir Thank u :eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t sweat it. Even in Japan I have only ever won two, although I admittedly lucked out getting Eevee Heroes and Blue Sky Stream. Demand is still just really high and a lottery system encourages anyone to take a punt a without much thought with just a few clicks and little risk, so I think participation numbers are probably higher than they would typically be.

2 Likes

For some reason, the last several times I’ve bought booster boxes from Japan, they send them in flat envelope mailers. So, its a thin, cardboard, flat package with a big bulge in the middle where the booster box is and as youd expect, the boxes are always crushed when they arrive to me. I genuinely dont know why this keeps happening. Even when i preordered that 25th anniversary restock from Amazon Japan, they sent it to me in a flat mailer and the box was crushed and all of my promos which were strapped to the box were also bent when i opened them. Super frustrating. Does anyone have experience with this/ any idea what to do? When i order from PlazaJapan, they always package them nicely in a box with bubble wrap, so it doesnt happen with them.

2 Likes

Stop buying from places that ship like that and buy more from places that ship in a box.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ehh sorry that this happened to you. For Amazon I think any of the modern booster box gets assigned that particular send envelope based on dimension. Not sure if consolidating your order will help, meaning chose the same delivery date for multiple orders from Amazon and hope that they are shipped together in a bigger box.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Pretty sure my Anniversary reprint was delivered in a regular box and packaged quite well. That’s domestic delivery in Japan with Prime. Same with my GF’s one. I do get stuff delivered in packages like that though quite often and it does seem random.

Tinfoil hat time but maybe middle-man addresses get flagged and are packaged like that to reduce shipping space. I do remember recently that I chose delivery to a shipping company depot and it was sent in that kind of packaging.

3 Likes

well, amazon JP shipped worldwide, so I didn’t need to use the proxy for that one! it is possible that maybe they saw my address was in north america and decided to use the other packaging. the other boxes I’ve received like that were from miscellaneous eBay sellers… it probably does have to do with saving on international shipping charges, but I’d much rather just pay an extra $15 and wait, than have my box come pancaked in a flat mailer :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping an eye on prices on VSTAR Universe boxes and it looks like as we are getting closer to release, the price is starting to come down.

On Amazon, they have been sitting anywhere from 11,000-12,000¥/box until the last few days. There are now a heap of sellers offering them from 10,150¥ to 10,300¥ or so. Most of them are only allowing you to buy small quantities (max of 2-6 per store). If you are buying from there, check the description to make sure it is indeed a sealed/shrink wrapped box as some of them remove shrink before they send.

I know it’s still really expensive in comparison to the local box price (5500¥) but it’s still a good bit cheaper than people have been reserving pre orders for in the west (about 40% less than people are buying here in the UK).

4 Likes

Mine was the same. Promo packs seem fine, but the box is a bit squished…

3 Likes

I can’t speak for all of the booster box vendors in Japan, but I’ve never experienced anything like this from amazon.co.jp. My preorder 25th anniversary (the made-to-order one) with amazon.co.jp came in a regular big cardboard box with plenty of those tiny air-filled bags. Just like any other booster box shipped by them has in the past, for that matter. I would definitely contact customer service. This amount of Snorlaxation on a package isn’t acceptable, especially when it’s easily prevented.

3 Likes

Just a small news for people outside Japan so I’ll leave a post here instead of a new thread.

Yahoo Japan is tightening up requirements to sell trading cards on their auction platform - starting from December 12, listings “meeting certain conditions” will require sellers to go through eKYC process (the “send a photo of you and your ID” thing). Conditions forcing eKYC (price threshold, account status, etc.) were left undisclosed.

Personally I would just find somewhere else to sell if I ran into eKYC requests (still a bit repulsive against requests of both photo and ID over internet), but hopefully this should reduce possibilities of people running into scams when buying cards from YJP.

4 Likes

That’s good news. There have been a significant increase in fake cards and listings on yj. I wonder if this will push more Japanese buyers/sellers onto eBay?

2 Likes

For pushing Japanese onto eBay, this new policy might mostly affect those who were doing foreign trades as Japanese sellers on eBay tend to avoid Japanese customers. (Try switching your location to Japan - you’ll be surprised at how many Japanese sellers NOT shipping to Japan albeit in the same country!) My guess on the reason is that it’s hard to apply anonymous delivery on eBay while the option is essential for most Japanese auction platforms.

However the new policy will definitely help suppress fake listings or even dropshipping from Mercari, so I’m looking forward to that!

4 Likes

The mystery as to my V-Star Universe lottery status continues. I waited but never received the successful application or unsuccessful application email and the product didn’t show up in my order history, as expected. But today, I just got an email telling me that payment has been successfully processed, which is a bit WTF. I go into my PC account and lo and behold V-Star Universe is listed there AND has apparently already shipped (出荷完了) a week early! Except no shipping confirmation email unlike every other product I have bought LOL. Quite an interesting ride so far.

7 Likes