日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Congrats! Are you using a proxy service? I’ve never won a PCJ lottery using a Tenso locker address, so I’m hoping to put the PCJ lottery/Tenso conspiracy to bed!

2 Likes

No, I use my local address. It’s just that recently I’ve been signing up for them and not receiving any confirmation that I’ve won or lost unlike everyone else.

Have no idea why my order is listed as shipped, but perhaps that just means they sent it out to the courier and they’ll hold it until release day.

2 Likes

Well that was faster than expected. There ya go, its dropped like 40% in the past month. Other 25th cards are starting to come down slightly, Umbreon dropped first, and the hardest so far. Interestingly, Shining Magikarp hasnt move at all yet, still 5,480¥. Other notable cards like Birthday Pikachu and the Kanto starters have dropped 6-7%.

Nothing too wild happening right now, but potential signs of correction.

7 Likes

Japanese market is indeed softening, which is good because it was ridiculous.

4 Likes

Is this also end of year fatigue? Just an observation that people have other expenses and generally very quite during couple of months and will pick back up again end of January.

Cheers!

3 Likes

eBay is cheaper than Yahoo Japan for modern cards.

2 Likes

Ive personally heard the opposite; that typically, sales increase through the holidays and then slow down through winter months, picking back up into the summer. Not quite sure tho! Could be related to focus shifting to VSTAR universe, precious box and upcoming SV installments in TCG. Who really knows though, most of these prices were higher than they probably shouldve been, so it could just be natural correction, not correlated to specific month, or other factors.

4 Likes

But what about the waifu market, we need to know the important details here

2 Likes

Waifu market is on fire…

4 Likes

Why would this Tropical Wind get a 3.5? From the pictures I can’t really see any big creases or indents. Anyone have a clue?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/trading-cards/pokemon-tropical-wind-unnumbered-tropical-mega-battle-participation-prize-card-psa-trading-card-game-vg-35-the-pokemon-compan/a/7291-36092.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

2 Likes

I was asking me the same, I have absolutely no clue

2 Likes

Slabs hide creases and indents well

3 Likes

Only $6600 for the card, if it was mine I would have gotten it an authenic grade I guess.
Also “ony” 66k for the Trophy Kangaskhan.
High end cards are also handing in their share.

6 Likes

I had no idea any of these cards were in auction. That sentence could be the slogan for heritage. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Trophy cards are niche compared to Mario and Charizard. TMB is niche among the niche.

2 Likes

This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

8 Likes

Congrats on coming out as the #1 most serious collector haha

2 Likes

You’re right. Let’s all have fun together, deleted my rant :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just got this email from Pokemon Center. I dont rly understand… are they canceling reimbursement charges for lottery? Im sure google translate isnt helping

Edit: i cannot figure out how to blockquote this email >:}

This email is sent to the target customer.

Thank you for always using the Pokémon Center.

Due to the large number of customers who applied for the lottery sales of the following target products that customers applied for, credit cancellation due to unsuccessful customer applications will be canceled. We will change the schedule from the one described in .
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers.

■ Target product
① Pokemon Card Game Sword & Shield High Class Pack VSTAR Universe BOX
② Pokemon Card Game Sword & Shield Kongo Dan Special Set
③ Pokemon Card Game Sword & Shield Shinju Dan Special Set
④ Pokemon Card Game Rubber Play Mat COOL x METAL
⑤ Pokemon Card Game Rubber Play Mat Pokemon Center Okinawa

■ Application acceptance period for lottery sales of target products
November 4, 2022 (Friday) 11:00 to November 6, 2022 (Sunday) 23:59

■ Schedule for unsuccessful selection
(Before change) Implemented around early December 2022

(After change) Sequential implementation from December 14, 2022 (Wednesday) to January 16, 2023 (Monday)

*Credit will be released after the unsuccessful selection process, but depending on the credit card company you use, credit may be released before our processing.
*If you are using a prepaid card issued by a debit card or credit card company, the total amount will be debited when you apply for the lottery. The amount withdrawn will be refunded to the customer’s account from the credit card company at a later date, but we do not know the details such as the date and time of the refund. For details, please contact your credit card company.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact the Pokémon Center Online Support Desk.

We sincerely ask for your continued patronage of the Pokémon Center Online.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Without seeing the Japanese I think they’re saying that due to the volume of applications, if you unsuccessfully applied for any of those products, there will be a delay in reimbursing the pre-charge on your credit card.

3 Likes