日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Did anyone apply for the last Paradigm Trigger lottery and get the results yet? The email says the result was due on the 31st of October with delivery expected from Nov 8th, but I didn’t get a email or anything which is weird considering they are always on time with these things. Must be a particularly “strict” lottery or something?

I know as soon I post this message I will probably get the result email though lol

2 Likes

Did you get it? :smiley:

2 Likes

No haha! It was a public holiday in Japan today anyway :rofl:

3 Likes

I did apply and got the usual you were not selected email! Haha

2 Likes

Weird. Thanks. I still have the pending charge on my credit card.

3 Likes

I received an email on October 31st saying I won a box.

5 Likes

does anyone who’s familiar with Fan Club promos know why the Eevee would have a lower pop in PSA than Porygon? From what I understand, the Eevee was achievable with fewer points (500 vs. 700), and is a more popular Pokemon (meaning that more people would want to grade it, generally).

3 Likes

The points are gone when you use it. So you cant get the Eevee, grab 200 more points, and get the Porygon. So some people went for the highest points total possible. Also, Eevee is way more popular today then he was in 2000.

10 Likes

I applied for a box and the rayquaza/ zard playmat and did get an email saying i wasnt selected for BOTH. feelsbadman. At least u get a little schrodinger’s lottery hopium lmao

2 Likes

Unless they are doing staggered announcements I have been glitched out the system somehow then lol. Thanks.

3 Likes

VSTAR Universe lottery is up on PCJ

5 Likes

Noob question. What do I need to do as a US buyer to be able to purchase from Pokemon Center Japan?

3 Likes

To enter into lotteries or do pre-orders, you need a Japanese address, which can be obtained by using a forwarding service like Tenso. To buy in stock items you can use a proxy service like Buyee (or you can still use Tenso). I’ve linked a few of the threads discussing them below - there might be better ones that I didn’t see upon a quick search though!

7 Likes

Is there any truth to the rumor that PCJ blacklists Tenso addresses from lotteries? I had no issue ordering the Precious Collector Box, but I’ve never won a booster lottery.

3 Likes

Meh, ive heard people say theyve won with proxy addresses. I personally havent, but they definitely arent messing around when they say “strict lottery” lmao

2 Likes

I haven’t won one recently, but I have also heard of people winning using a Tenso address. Can’t say for sure though. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Still so bummed about the results of that contest. The arcanine is the most normal looking pokemon card. There were sooo many entries that were leagues better than that arcanine artwork. Bulbusaur is pretty interesting but the other two are just so normal and bland imo.

And im mad my favorite entry didnt win >:(

12 Likes

There were so many better ones, I was amazed one of the incredible Cramorant didnt make it. The Greninja that did win was maybe #6 on my list of just the Greninjas in the final 100!

3 Likes

Tbh, it should’ve just been a 300 card set with all cards getting a print.

English would have no issue putting that together, the one time I’d appreciate a mammoth set.

4 Likes

Genuinely have to agree… i dont wanna knock the artists who won, but there were many amazing arts I hoped would win. Heres some i had saved to my phone:

20220411_035858

I tried using the gallery function, hopefully it worked

Edit: the first pikachu gives me such strong ex era vibes. I love it

13 Likes