日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Half lotus, Or true enlightenment? :astonished:

3 Likes

SR Darkrai V / HR Darkrai VSTAR don’t exist in either Japanese or English (yet)

5 Likes

Rip. Hope darkrai FA gets a set release

2 Likes

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong thread for me to post my question. But does anyone knows if there are any fake Japanese Crystal Pokemon cards in the market? If there are, how am I able to see any red flags from photos?

I am aware of the fake English Crystal cards, but not too sure about the Japanese side of things. Thank you.

2 Likes

Feel free to post a link or photo of one in question and we can take a look!

1 Like

That would be great!

Thank you in advance.

Edit: removed photos

1 Like

Normally dont like HR cards but that’s really nice.

1 Like

These look real to me, but you may only know for certain once you have them in your hand. If you are purchasing them on eBay, CGC will authenticate them if they’re selling for $250+. I imagine that this would reduce some of the anxiety around fakes.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, thought they look alright, will definitely verify them in person. I am just picking them up for my ungraded collection. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Was fun.

screenshot-nimbusweb.me-2022.09.27-11_45_04

2 Likes

trying to purchase cards from a japanese store for the first time with a proxy… what are half-width numbers? it’s not accepting my credit card, saying “half-width numbers only.” presuming it’s because i’m using these babies “123,” can anyone help me?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for japanese online card markets? currently trying to buy from card rush. thanks!

edit: Nvm, i don’t think they accept either of my card companies. they only accept japanese cards, despite them saying they accept mastercard and visa. does anyone have any experience buying from card rush japan? i don’t wanna use cash-on-delivery payment bc the additional fee would make the money im saving from buying from japan redundant

1 Like

12334567890 < half-width
1234567890< full-width

If you have Windows IME installed you can change between these.

2 Likes

Ah, i see thank you! So by default, my pleb canadian numbers are half-width? Does anyone who has experience with proxy services have any insight for payment methods on Japanese websites? Cheers

1 Like

Ok, so some very nice individuals on the OKJluv discord helped me greatly. Turns out, you need 3D secure (some form of authentication) on your card for payment to work with most Japanese stores. My Canadian card does not have that, and apparently most don’t. So you can pay with Amazon Pay as a work around. Just an FYI to anyone whose wondering bc I had no clue wtf to do

3 Likes

Glad you figured it out. I went through this exact same thing a few weeks ago and also ended up using Amazon Pay after googling the error message that kept popping up on cardrush’s website. For what it’s worth I did not have this problem with yuyutei and was able to just use my card as normal there.

2 Likes

I was googling a ton and couldnt find anything! Granted i was half asleep at 8am in a statistics lecture so maybe that had something to do with it lol never heard of yuyutei, ill check it out! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Zenmarket updated their fees to $2.00 instead of $3.00, while still being 300 yen. I noticed today, but this change may have occurred a while ago.

3 Likes

If they charge you in actual Yen at checkout, this is probably just them updating the conversion rate. 300 Yen is about $2 right now, so they might just be telling you “you have to pay us 300 Yen but that’s just $2.”

2 Likes

Right. It’s just another example of how the yen has fallen.

2 Likes

just got an email from pokemon center japan… seems paradigm trigger lottery is open. it also looks like they have a “Pokemon Sword and Shield Mystery Box?”
[Google translated in email lol]
The deck case and deck shield are fun to open and see which one you can get out of the four design combinations ! The promo card pack contains one Pokemon V confirmed. One of each of the four types of Pokemon , such as Lugia V, is randomly included, so you can enjoy encounters with the unknown as if you were exploring an unexplored island , similar to the theme of the expansion pack “Paradigm Trigger” . world!

Contents
Expansion pack “Paradigm Trigger” x 7 pack
Card box x 1
Promo card pack x 1
Deck case x 1
Deck shield x 1 set (64 cards)

• The expansion pack contains 5 random cards I’m here.
  • One promo card, deck case, and deck shield are randomly included.

Not sure what the promo is about? Maybe similar to Eevee Heroes Espeon VMAX box?

EDIT: not sure if the promo is referring to the Lugia V/STAR release promos that we’ve already seen (拡張パック「パラダイムトリガー」を買って、プロモカードを手に入れよう! | ポケモンカードゲーム公式ホームページ), or if there is an exclusive one with the box.

2 Likes