Right one is definitely Pokémon Movie 2000 vibe

6 Likes

It reminds me of the title screen of soul silver lol! Arita kills it yet again

4 Likes

Unown ‘V’ in Unown V, and Unowns ‘V,S,T,A,R’ in Unown VSTAR

12 Likes

Didnt even notice that! Love the little easter eggs

1 Like

Last minute question. A family member is going to Japan . What would be the best booster boxes to buy at the moment. Thank you .

1 Like

Eevee heroes.

6 Likes

depends on what you mean by “best.” star birth and vmax climax are solid sets too imo

1 Like

Anyone know of any Pokémon related events going on in Japan from Nov 12-20? Family member will be traveling there and is asking. Appreciate any help.

1 Like

Just simple things. Not really Pokemon experts. Just going shopping for a week. So boxes are best.

1. Eevee Heroes
    1. Star Birth
    1. Climax

Any other ? thank you

1 Like

You can’t just walk into any shop and buy many of the latest sets anymore. I think Battle Region, Time Gazer and Pokémon Go can be purchased depending on stock. I have seen Star Birth recently too. Eevee Heroes and VMax Climax are dust.

2 Likes

the grocery stores in Japan have pokemon boxes. IDK. That what my family said.

2 Likes

I have to assume your family is in a metropolitan area in which case supermarkets don’t sell Pokémon cards. Sometimes you can buy packs in a convenience store if they have some stock. These days they don’t usually have. Big retailers can’t keep high demand sets on their shelves because they sell goods close to MSRP unlike third party sellers online who can charge whatever the market demands . The only sets they will typically have are ones you can buy online for close to retail price. If you go to independent card shops they might have Eevee Heroes but the price will be whatever the online rate is (20,000 yen ?)

Incoming tourists who haven’t been in Japan during the pandemic are going to be surprised how bad the retail situation is for Pokémon these days.

2 Likes

battle region and S10 are underrated, theyre incredibly fun to open. Kinda unrelated but ill never miss an opportunity to shill my fav sets

1 Like

You can get Vmax Climax from the Pokemon Centre in Yokohama, or at least you could at the weekend. No chance of Eevee Heroes though

1 Like

Pokémon Center’s do usually have better stock than other places for sure although they don’t really put the good stuff out in the open anymore like they used to. I guess to prevent people buying out the whole store? They might even still be removing the shrinkwrap if that’s a problem. They usually have a sign up with their daily stock and then you have to ask for what you want at the counter. And there isn’t always one around though compared to like Ito Yokado, Book Off, Yodobashi Camera or Bic Camera. You don’t have much chance to get hot items there anymore. Before the pandemic you could basically get whatever you wanted.

1 Like

The art on this new S12 card :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

Anyone know if the Lucario V full art got a Japanese release? Also does the Darkrai have a full art? Couldnt rly find a ton of clear info on it

2 Likes