日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

@pokemoncollector , I don’t know what the consensus is on this but I would guess that posting Japanese cards that you recently purchased would be more welcome in either the “What Is Your Most Recent Purchase?” thread found here. Or you can create a collection thread in “Collection Additions” found here where you can showcase everything you are collecting. Hope this answered your question!

6 Likes

Dont post them here. Lets not stonk japanese stuff just yet ;(

4 Likes

Yes. Or you can share them in the collection section, or the recent purchase thread.

4 Likes

Dont listen to smpratte! It’s not like this is his forum or anything

10 Likes

I have had a sudden spike in interest on a 2010 illustration contest card… any ideas why? Did someone make a video on those cards recently? I’m thinking about taking it off the market now, ha.

1 Like

Which one are you referring to?

1 Like

The Zoroarks - unless the interest has been spurred by a sale or promotion of one of the other contest cards, and I’m just getting some residual interest on this one.

1 Like

I’ve been watching some Yahoo J auctions on like carddass cards and there has been some crazy interest recently where as a week or two ago no interest whatsoever. Maybe its time for some carddass spikes

1 Like

Smpratte made a video comparing the 2010 design cards to base Charizard.

I collect these too!!! I don’t think interest has increased that much compared to other similar cards (academy arts, mid tier Japanese promos).

1 Like

As someone that’s been keeping an eye on auctions for these design cards, prices have definitely gone up quite a bit — I imagine that’s because of some increase in general interest. These cards were definitely undervalued relative to their rarity for a long time.

2 Likes

Noooooo I have to buy 3 of them :sob:

1 Like

Cheers for the responses - just searched completed listings, though, and someone sold a set (not sure if it was complete and some were PSA 9) for £16k at auction, so that probably has something to do with it!

1 Like

Most recent eBay sales: PSA 10 went for over £3k, PSA 9 went for something like £1.8k. Even raw cards have gone for over £1k recently, with one even going for £2.5k raw but I’m not sure if there was a deal for that off eBay.

These were like sub £500 cards early last year. So… yeah they’ve gone up in price. Even the Japanese marketplace seems to have caught up on prices for these niche cards.

1 Like

Ah was this recent? Could you share the link? :blush:

1 Like

They were undervalued due to many extra copies being available and a relatively high pop report compared to similar cards (2009 design cards). I needed to be comfortable with the history of the cards before buying at current prices. I hope people who are buying these cards are doing their research. The rarity of these cards is not black and white.

1 Like

Has anyone else been watching the Japanese southern island sealed 3 packs? They seem to be skyrocketing lately. Can’t get anything under $35-$40 for the ledyba pack, the rest are above $50 with the mew pack going for $300.

2 Likes

I also think that most, if not all, of the cards currently in circulation are extra copies much like some of the AA cards. I doubt the original winners have sold this many copies. Even the small number of 2009 design competition cards in circulation are, more or less, extras — here’s a brilliant in-depth write up by @pichufan about those.

It’s a shame, but at the end of the day these are fantastic cards, with unique art and it’s nice to see them being appreciated by more and more collectors.

2 Likes

AA cards definitely starting to get more attention. I think a lot of people would be surprised how much the rarer japanese AA Pikachu’s, the kyogre, or the mew would fetch now if one went on auction.

3 Likes

No problem!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-PSA-ZORUA-ZOROARK-ILLUSION-ILLUSTRATOR-SET-KINDERGARTEN-CONTEST-PRIZE/254838278862

3 Likes

pkonno has shown us that no card is exempt from having extra copies, with the possible exception of the early 2000’s trophy cards with the winners name/face on the card. I wouldn’t worry too much about the copies, they haven’t been a problem yet and I doubt they ever will.

3 Likes