日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Wow these are cool! Dont see cards like this often!

1 Like

Love these cards! Almost bought them all when they were $7000 :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PSA-ZORUA-ZOROARK-ILLUSION-ILLUSTRATOR-SET-KINDERGARTEN-CONTEST-PRIZE/254838278862
It was yesterday. I know the buyer, the transaction didn’t go thru on ebay and it ended up being a private deal.

derp, I missed an entire page of commentary.

The buyer was not the person who won on ebay, so there were multiple people interested in paying a similar rate.

4 Likes

this. The only thing IMHO that would cause the value of these cards to collapse is if 2500 copies mysteriously appeared. And even if you go back to early 2000s where people thought some cards were way more rare than they actually are - we live in a different day and age now where information is distributed much more widely and knowledge is easier to access. I highly doubt that the mistakes understanding rarity in 1999 would exist today

2 Likes

Ah man…

I deffo have some regrets of not buying cards that I wish I had. Still haunts me!

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the extra info, it all helps!

1 Like

I’ve found a new buyee “scam” from some sellers… something to look out for

I bought some Snorlax coro coro single card promos for around 2k yen when they came out (about the price of the magazine). Two different sellers then charged me 1800 yen ($18!) to ship SINGLE cards. I validated with Buyee that it was just the card, not the magazine (total package weighs 40g).

So I ended up paying $38 for the card

I buy singles all the time and normal price in a “yu pack” for a single is 100-200 yen

I think figured out that this is the same seller that is selling these “lots” that look like they come with 8 Kanazawa pikachus, but then it says “1 bid = 1 item”.

Hopefully I don’t sound like a constant complainer; my intent here is to help other people not get burned! I truly believe some of these sellers are taking advantage of buyee’s insanely lax buyer protection, recognizing when the buyer is a buyee buyer, and ripping them off.

(In the photo you can see Domestic Shipping Fee from seller to Buyee is 1800 yen)

5 Likes

My middleman warned me that sellers do this when items end low. Unfortunately this is nothing new, it has been going on for years and years. It’s good to highlight it though as there are many more people using middleman sevices these days.

2 Likes

I bought from the same seller I think. After buying like two listings from them I was like this cant be true, and they say somewhere at the end of the description, one bid one item. Very scummy indeed, and then you get hit with the 1800 yen domestic shipping on a 400 yen card. It was the first time I got scammed on yahoo, it just shows that the old saying “if it is too good to be true, it probably is” still counts.

For me the seller was vzisj86231. It would help if buyee/yahoo just showed the domestic shipping they are going to charge. Another seller that charges an outrageous amount for shipping is nanaironanairo000.

1 Like

yep! same seller for me on one of them. Other seller was nanaironanairo000

FWIW, these were all BIN auctions at market rates. Market rate for snorlax corocoro when it came out was $22-$24.

I haven’t been scammed by the 1 bid = 1 card thing. This one though just feels like ass. I have no way of knowing if I’ll be charged $18 for shipping or $1.

1 Like

How do you all feel about the long term outlook on the Munch set? The population for 10s is relatively high but the demand is extremely high as well! Real interested to see how the ones on the PWCC auctions today fare

1 Like

They will age like fine wine, there´s nothing coming even close to their level.

5 Likes

At this point I almost feel like I’m shilling the Scream promos because I praise them whenever I can, but with all of my heart I feel safer about these cards than about any other modern mass produced card. They have literally everything you could ask for.

9 Likes

Would you buy these or the mario/luigi pikachu set if you had a choice?
Still undecided here…

1 Like

General question…as above…

If you could pick a full set of mario/luigi pikachus vs munch scream, which would you choose in terms of overall value? :blush:

1 Like

I am not following the prices on these but the Munch set are way cooler designs than the Mario stuff. I know Nintendo crossovers are a money printing machine, but I’d have the Munch arts blown up and framed on my wall, they’re incredible. I hope they take the opportunity to do more art crossovers in the future.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of doing this with the postcards (and the cards :X).

Kind of separate, kind of related. For cards with a theme like Munch, should I just suck it up and replace a 9 Psyduck with a 10? Trying to figure out if it will bug me down the road or if I’ll wish that I had done it when prices were at what they are at now. From a display standpoint, it really doesn’t change much. I feel like the only way to justify the $1k price jump is as an investment. I see lots of hindsight regret like “I wish I bought Mario Pikachu, Munch, gold stars, etc. at $x”. Trying to see if this something many people have been on the fence about and if the advice would be to Just Do It (smpratte Chunky Dunky subliminal messaging is working)

1 Like

Mario/Luigi cause I enjoy them more :wink:

2 Likes

I would get the 10.

I bought some in psa 9 and it bugged me so i bought them in psa 10. All except pika and mimikyu

1 Like

I already made the choice when they were cheaper, I bought the Munch set - even though the Mario/Luigi promos are fantastic as well, I just don´t like the crossover theme here that much. Also today I´d buy the Munch set again over those - but that is personal preference.

2 Likes