The Giant Art Thread

First new art by this artist in 18 years! Anyone know of a longer hiatus?

14 Likes

Anyone knows what the letters of the Unown should spell (if anything)? The letters seem to be (in alphabetical order): BCILMOORSTVYY.

Greetz,
Quuador

Its victory something I’ve been trying to deduce the second word for a bit now.

2 Likes

Victory Symbol?

7 Likes

Thats gotta be it. Thank you!

2 Likes

is there a website like https://pkmncards.com that includes japanese exclusive arts?

Will need to know some Japanese though.

2 Likes

NICE The little GUI animations are a nice touch… Thanks for sharing.

edit: It does appear that they only list modern cards, so for vintage or “legacy” this doesn’t have the info. But it’s great for modern stuff! Again, thanks for posting!

Yep there are no official card images shared by PKMJP before DP. Sharing card images is a relatively new-ish thing. Previously, it was just text listings. A site with images of all official Japanese cards images doesn’t exist.

Anywho, Here is one of the earliest sets ポケモンカードゲームDP 拡張パック「時空の創造 パールコレクション」(Pearl Collection released in 2006)

Cards earlier only have official images published in books and select products.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the supporter cards to arrive but in the meantime, sharing the rotom mirror and holo foils that just came in! (with closeups for a better look at the holo effect)

5 Likes

I love these high-res images!

14 Likes

That Farfetch’d art is wonderful! Always so cool to me to see the hand drawn stuff, as well as the modern artwork that pulls from the original themes; the lines of the green/yellow/blue are all the background colors on the original base set Farfetch’d. The card is only a $1 on eBay, might need to grab one…

Edit Just looked it up and it’s Komiya artwork. Now I’m even more enamored.

3 Likes

It took me a few seconds to realize that it shows all four seasons in one picture:)

3 Likes

Wow! I didn’t even notice that ha. More layers to the artwork than I thought!

I don’t think there are any for English either though?

pkmncards uses scans for the all the old sets.

Surely some Japanese collector will have complete sets of the old cards.

Komiya has had some real bangers of inspiration lately. Hopefully it continues to be excellent and weird. Speaking of Komiya, I noticed that during Delta Species, he seems to have had something on his mind… or maybe to his Right:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :point_right:

9 Likes

POSTER PRINTS WERE A GREAT IDEA. These are drawings I had done in colored penci and ink based on TCG cards of course – and it’s awesome to see it on the wall! Even if it’s temporary haha. Bonus is the painting in the middle, my uncle is also an artist.

15 Likes

I absolutely love these artworks! These are from a fanmade manga called “Festival of Champions”.
This specific chapter has an arc where Gary/Blue (actually named Green in this Manga; green and blue were switched in this work) battles Karen in the main tournament at the Festival of Champions. It’s so epic and the art is TOP TIER. Unfortunately the only English version I can find is online only. The physical copies I’ve seen for sale are all in Japanese. Highly recommend it as a fun read!

Also, Karen is best girl :heart:

5 Likes

I will never see umbreon the same way again.

4 Likes

Yeah for sure haha the dark type Pokémon in the manga are portrayed as kind of feral and are outcasts to society. Karen is the only one that is willing to meet them where they are at and love and train them. It’s really cool. Karen rules