that Illustrator ...

Did it sell? I know the guy was playing about and still only that one crap photo. If anyone has contact to him please let me know as i’d still like to make an offer…! Thanks

Nope he relisted it.

Do so with extreme caution. The seller pulled the listing at the last minute because he wasn’t happy with the winning bid of 800k yen, which was his reserve price anyway. Then he relisted it once again with a BIN price of 1.5m yen. This is just plain bad. It undermines the whole auction process. Just be careful. Good luck.

ill meet him in japan and offer him 2000USD take it or leave it, i think he will take it

$2,000 USD?

I’d definitely leave that.

_> it was joke

but id really just give 7k seeming that how much the last one i was bidding on went for

The last one was at 800000k yen approx. 8k USD before auction/middle man fees and shipping…then the seller canceled the auction and resisted it as BIN. It may have gone just a bit higher in the final few minutes had the auction been allowed to close. Realistically, a buyer can expect to pay closer to the 10k after all things included. (Price of the card + fees).

What $7,000 one is everyone referring to? The last two that actually sold went to Jason and I don’t think he paid anywhere near 7k for either.

i dunno jason but all i know is a canadian won that illustrator
and has 2 illustrators, one for sale he is wanting 12k for it, the one he won for 7-8k

The ‘Canadian’ is Jason (cbd1235) and he himself has mentioned what he paid for both illustrators a few times now and it wasn’t for $7-8k more like 10k+ with fees etc. Bottom line is the minimum an illustrator will go for is $10k.

1 Like

If you’re after a Pikachu Illustrator, expect to pay at least US$ 10k. The condition of that card would be somewhere between Good and Excellent. If you want a card that is NM or Mint (if you’re lucky enough to find one for sale) expect to pay closer to 20k. I believe the highest price this type of card has sold for is US$ 22k.

ahh good to know :wink:

I don’t have a problem with the guy who is conducting the auction wanting 1.5 million yen for it. But accepting bids and then canceling them is lame. He should do his own market research, not use the auction system to test the water. Tactics like that ruin the auction scene for everyone.

I doubt there is a illustrator out there in good condition their all near the ‘Nr mint’ condition mark at minimum and I would say the lowest it can go for is $10k not to say they haven’t gone for lower as I know of one that went for $8k to a private US collector who’s collection iv shown some of the collectors on here.

I think the only one that would hit near $20k with the current market would be Scott’s being a PSA 9.

On a side note the YJ auction has been relisted with a 1350000 Yen starting price and 1.5M Yen BIN.

I agree with Ali. The demand for an Illustrator is always huge, especially right now. $10,000 is a minimum I would expect to pay if I were in the market for another.

I have no intention of selling my copy, but I can let you know there have been serious offers of at least $20,000. I believe I mentioned this before when discussing the cards demand.

And remember, Yahoo Japan is only Japan. Ebay hits a much larger market. Which may be why they increased their fee’s. :confused:

That’s me! I bought the only two which have actually sold on Yahoo Japan in recent years. They were purchased at auction for 9K and 15K respectively, about 6 months apart, and in that order.

After buying the second, I advertised to sell the first (graded PSA authentic) to a couple interested parties. I was looking for closer to 15K as opposed to 12K, but a high-end trading opportunity came up and the result was that it was traded to an esteemed collector on this site for a flurry of trophy-tier cards.

That should about settle the facts once and for all :blush:

Ps. The auction that was pulled may very well have gone higher. I know of at least one bid higher than 800K yen which was to be sniped last second with shopping mall Japan. I doubt that one had the chance to materialize since the auction was pulled early. Also, all things considered, with a middleman, 800K yen would be over 9K. And regardless, the auction did not go to completion so its result is more or less irrelevant.

my middle man only charges $20, so i buy a bunch of things and i just gotta pay $20 to him, he doesn’t do percentage :wink:

Looks like the seller ended the auction…again. What the heck is this guy doing?

Maybe he is hyping up his auction?

So did someone buy it?!