Pokémon Illustrator Yahoo Auction

Relisted with the same starting price. Apparently the previous auction was taken down by Yahoo because of the amount it was getting and the seller didn’t have a specific setting set, probably like a PSA service fee kinda thing.

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/auction/m350369533

10 Likes

What do you think it will go for ?

Looks to be in solid condition despite only be authentic label

The listing was removed for multiple reasons. I will disclose everything in detail in next months patreon video. In short the seller knows exactly what they are doing. Don’t be surprised if it gets pulled again.

5 Likes

I’m surprised to see that they decided to just Authenticate vs. Grade that card myself. The only thing that I can think of as to why they would Authenticate vs. Grade would be something small that we’re missing from just viewing pictures? Even then though, I think I’d prefer an actual grade on the label - not that I can remotely afford to even purchase this card! LOL

O Boy! It sounds like we’re in for a juicy September Patreon Video - I can’t wait!!!

4 Likes

Must be some shade city going on with the card if they opted for only authentic vs graded, maybe I’ll need to subscribe to patreon for this :grimacing:

2 Likes

Could be to draw more attention to the card. Everyone in the community is talking about it got removed and relisted. Draws more eyeballs. More bidders. Higher price.

Just a guess.

2 Likes

"About this product:
It is a card that has been certified by Authentic by PSA. As shown in the photo, there are no visible scratches or dirt on the front surface, but there is a white missing part at the upper end of the back surface. Therefore, please be aware that it is a “used product”. The start price was more affordable than the past auction price. We will not make a prompt decision. "

Probably the reason why it wasn’t graded.

I believe everyone has seen this auction run and ended. A few fake bids were taken down by the seller in the last hour of the auction, who will cancel all 0 feedback bids. The 7 bidders in the auction all have non-zero feedback.

3 bidders bid over 6m yen and the highest bid was 6.5m yen, that’s the equivalent of USD$61000, from a 2400+ feedback user.

If my memory serves me correctly, this is the highest price a single Pokémon card has earned on public auction, next to the BGS 10 1st Ed Base zard and the PSA 9 illustrator.

6 Likes

I was one of the main bidders on the auction! Unfortunately my bid wasn’t good enough to secure the card :slightly_frowning_face: It was actually looking really good with 15mins to go! The price was floating around the ¥4,000,000 mark! Initially i didn’t want to bid anymore than ¥6,000,000. With 5mins to go, i got outbidded :slightly_frowning_face: So as a last ditch i put ¥6,500,000! But i got outbidded again! So then i just decided to leave it! Maybe if the card had an actual grade like NM-MT 8 or Mint 9, i would have placed a much higher bid!

10 Likes

Of the top three bidders, the second and third bidder are legit from what I know. The third bidder bids on a lot of items on Yahoo Japan so you can see his bid quite often. If the top bidder pays, that makes three people willing to pay >6mil yen for an Authentic Illustrator.

5 Likes

wow

Just heard back from the seller of the illustrator. The card was purchased by a wealthy collector in Tokyo!

Lets see if this sale will make more copies to surface on YJ

10 Likes