team rocket's visit 085/084 Japanese

Hey guys i got this card i was wanting to post on ebay went looking for prices almost fell of my chair i got many years ago not really sure if the prices on ebay are right i cant seem to find any sales data on it raw

Can anyone help me to narrow down a price that isn’t mental for this card ?
to scared to post it as a bid due to could go way under value
Team rocket front
imgur.com/a/tI4zbZP
Team rocket back

imgur.com/a/C97xpVE

Huh, I was just as dumbfounded as you when I looked it up on ebay. However, it doesn’t seem like anyone is willing to pay even close to the asking prices of 1k++ for a raw card when this PSA 9 doesn’t seem to sell for $900 usd:

Also, this card has a PSA 10 pop of 56, which isn’t extremely high by any means, but still the HIGHEST of any Rocket Gang Strikes Back holos apart from the Gold Stars.

So, I’d say this is just a weird case of sellers across the board not offering this particular card for a price that people actually want to pay and therefore creating an inflated illusion of a very high “market value”.

If I had to guess, I’d say you could count yourself lucky if your copy earns 120-180 bucks max. That’s just my gut feeling tho. There are better experts of the Japanese ex era market on e4.

I think it is important to remember that this card was a secret rare in the Japanese TCG and hard to pull. I can’t remember what the pull rate was, but it was defiantly lower then one per box. furthermore from my understanding the card has always been in low supply and quite sort after, even in Japan. I have seen raw copies sell for $300 USD that are not mint, lower grades can still be worth money. Its hard to tell the condition of your copy from the photos. But I would imagine it would be worth more around the $350 USD mark. Don’t want to get your hopes up, as it’s all determined by condition. Make sure to take good photos. If its in mint condition it could be worth grading.

Totodile_in_pursuit

2 Likes

thanks for the info guys

I have both English and Japanese in PSA 9s. As stated, the card’s value is inflated on eBay and FMV for both right now is about $300. That said, this card is hard to get in good condition, rare, and has amazing artwork. For these reasons, it won’t be let go easily thus the inflated price points on eBay.

This one changes a lot, and often when it does come up, it’s either super low or super high.

I know the 1st Edition versions aren’t that bad or hard to come by compared to the Unlimited, as Japanese Unlimited are rarer than Japanese 1st Edition (at least with older cards like these). Damaged raw ones tend to go for around $200.00 whilst raws in great condition+ can go between $600.00-1k (more often in Japan). This one is also a really, really hard one to pull from the Japanese boosters, so not many are still out there in pristine condition or next to. It’s personally one of my favorite Japanese Trainer cards!

I’ve bought maybe five of these in the last few years, but I’ve also sold a CGC 6.5 1st Edition for $400.00 a month ago, to give an idea of a fair price that isn’t crazy to many people! Hope that helps!

Is it fair to say the card is easily worth $1000+ in PSA 10?

1 Like

I’ve sold multiple 10s in that range.

1 Like

Yes, at least the Japanese ones, more so the Unlimited versions!

It might be tied to the fact that a couple showed up for even more insane prices on Mercari JP recently. I’m talking like 2k USD crazy prices. While cheaper copies exist active and in the sold history in Japan, those two expensive ones might have promotions or something as they appeared in my recommended data recently. It’s also possible someone didn’t do their research and just listed at high prices :man_shrugging: But yeah, to echo others, 300 seems like max level unless graded.