Ideas how to price these Cardshop finds?

Hey Guys

As some of you may know I am currently traveling Japan.
During my trip I found some cards that are quite hard to value and some cards I simply would appreciate your opinion on the deal.

Since I am still traveling I will gradually add new cards depending on your interest to give a Opinion on the cards.

I was not sure if this thread was okay to post so I asked PFM for permission and he told me to go ahead. So here I go.

Curious to see what you guys say and what cards I will find in the different cities of Japan.

I first would start with these two cards:

2018 Player’s Ceremony (SM-P Promo 248)
Here I could barely find any current prices especially no price in the West. I found one for 150000¥ but I could not estimate how old the sale was.

Second one is the: Art academy Goomy
Here I found some prices for around 1.600.00¥ but I am not sure if that is outdated or still the current price.( The store just had a sample in his showcase)

7 Likes

Its hard to find the 2018 players ceremony, but I would say that is a fair price. When I say fair, I mean that in the current secondary market you wont find that card for the price you have photographed. I am also assuming the condition in NM though.

Very hard to price gauge. since they barely come up for sale. If I could afford to pay that much, I would go for other alternatives which you can price estimate a bit better, rather than heavily speculate and overpay for this card.

Cheers!

1 Like

the casual 6.4M JPY Ishihara GX on the side lol.

3 Likes

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. This helps quite a lot. Why is the 2018 harder to find than the others? Is there a reason?

Ishihara GX just sitting there is wild, don’t think I’ve ever seen that card just on a shelf in a shop.

1 Like

In my opinion, besides being the first one of its kind (in terms of the artwork), the Players Ceremony of 2018 had a higher point accumulation requirement. 120 Championship points were needed to get the card. This was reduced to 60 points for the 2019 card and subsequently 30 points for 2020 onwards, also due to pandemic.

So I think the 2018 is just low distribution due to the number of points needed to get it. The PSA POP report also reflects this.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Hey Guys

I found these Rocket Boxes but could find barely any sales.
What’s your opinion on the deals?

2 Likes

My opinions:

For the Team Rocket gift box, I think the price is decent. Meaning there is a range that these boxes go for. For a completely sealed box, this is a good price since most can go for 200K Yen. However, unused box but no outer seal can go for as less as 90K - 100K Yen. In my personal opinion, if I was a big sealed collector then I probably would have brought it since it is an iconic piece of TCG Merchandise to have. This was one of the first along with the actual starter gift packs to be released. However, I would not buy this if I want to open it. The 2 deck boxes inside can contain one of the holos from the Team Rocket set each, but it does not have a distinguishing mark. It has the same Team Rocket ‘R’ stamp on it. You might as well buy those holos at dirt cheap prices elsewhere, if you are opening this for the cards that is.

For the 20th Anniversary Team Rocket Special Case, I think it is the going price. 1.5mil yen seems to be fair market value. You can also try to buy the case only for display for about 50K Yen.

Thanks for the pictures.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Going back to this card.

Was anyone able to find some sales after 2021?
@mrbubbles the yellow sticker indicates damage.
So it’s most likely not NM. I guess somewhere between 6-8. I couldn’t find any sales after 2021, expect for pfms post.
Would be very grateful if anybody has some sales data or could give an estimate. For a 7 or 8.

There might not be any. The card is definitely the rarest of the Player’s Ceremony series because it was the first year they did it and they set the point requirements too high so not many players earned it. The ones that did hit the market were PSA 9/10 quality. So both a rare card and rarer to see data for a lower grade.

1 Like

Just checked sold listings on Mercari JP, going back 3-4 months ago. For copies listed as ‘scratches and dirt’ as the condition, so maybe lightly played, the price is a range between 180k Yen to 220k Yen. Again, the range is just based on sold listings so I am not sure how accurate the sold prices are. However the fact is, it is a very rare card. It will be very hard to guage the price just on sold listings.

Cheers!

1 Like