Team Rocket Returns sealed booster box shows up on auction [confirmed fake]

So because that emerald box doesn’t have the seam on the Deoxys speed form side is it fake or just another way to show authenticity of a left diagonal seal? Also can you explain this more here?

Side seals for side pokeballs
Front for upside down poekballs

As the deoxys box used above has both the front and side seal with side poke balls I’m a little confused.

1 Like

Emerald is legit. Yeah I can explain more. One min time to bust out ms paint lol

1 Like

Thank you! No need to right away lol.

1 Like

Flip back and forth

Digitally written ^

It is clearly an edited image stolen from another listing as @wisewailmer implied

13 Likes

Unrelated. But English booster box design took such a nose dive after Ex

5 Likes

We are solving a mystery here sir, please come back later. My 1999 PC is on fire from all this MS paint work

4 Likes

To elaborate on what I said before. Considering I just made these terms up and are not official here is a key:

Normal box

Here are some of the “pokeball orientations” and the corresponding ripple seam location

Thank you to @gemmintpokemon @zorloth and mirmex for box pics. I didn’t ask permission but it’s in the name of justice so hopefully you don’t mind. Plus they’re publicly for sale (except @zorloth’s box) so extra +1 credibility can’t hurt right;)

20 Likes

Wow, you guys are heroes!
Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy Unite GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

100% fake. Sorry all! I thought we had a real box here originally. Glad @wisewailmer picked up on the signs.

5 Likes

Just reported it as fraudulent. I wonder if ebay actually uses that reporting data to do anything

4 Likes

I reported the fake Pikachu Outbreak PSA 10s and eBay got back to me saying the listing didn’t violate eBay policy so… guess they do something?

1 Like

That sounds worse than doing something lol

1 Like

Thank you for this! Genuinely crucial information for those buying boxes.

1 Like

It was only a matter of time before the scammers came to ex era from wotc

1 Like

Hate to see it, but at least people like you know the tells.

1 Like

$25000 photoshop job :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Idk why he didn’t just use the side pics from the mirmex listing and whitewash the photo like he did the main image. Then the logos would match. Probably thought mixing pics would make it less likely to be caught

2 Likes

Probably because no one is looking that closely. It’s convincing enough someone put $25k down on it. I don’t think I would have noticed either unless you put most of the pieces together.

2 Likes

Yeah the actual box used in the photos is a legit box but he’s combined photos from different listings and added a digital time stamp.

1 Like

Proud of you for learning how to screenshot, @wisewailmer.

Also, great job on the case!

1 Like