Team Rocket Returns sealed booster box shows up on auction [confirmed fake]

6 Likes

I could never buy from such a seller.

4 Likes

There was a legit sale for 28k recently as well

Not so sure as I feel that auction flew under the radar tbh.

how do you know?

The seller has essentially no feedback. I don’t think we’re gonna see record prices from someone like that

1 Like

I own one so I’d say i have a good sense. Talked with the seller and their story seems to stack up.

Well i never said record prices! Record was like 40k+ from memory.

True, I think public record was pwcc at 35ish (they removed the sales record thing) idk private records and wouldn’t put much weight on them. The 28k was public on eBay as well though from a seller with lots of feedback.

I just personally wouldn’t bet on much being different on this one. If it’s only down ~5k from it’s public peaks then that’s a massive win imo. Nothing to scoff at there many other sets have fared far worse

1 Like

Private sale record was 44k from memory but agree public has more weight. I just think this could be above 30k but lets see!

1 Like

Scroll to the bottom of the page. PWCC Sales History is under Research.

1 Like

Thank you! On a different note, on the 0.0001% Chance anyone was considering my opinion on the legitimacy of the box when going to bid. I’m no longer 100% convinced. There are a couple oddities I’m not super comfortable with personally. I don’t want to state that I think it’s fake because idk it still overall looks decent but a couple things I can’t explain on the seal so I personally don’t want to bid further

Just so people can make their own informed decision here is what is sussing me out and preventing me from bidding further personally:

First thing: the pokeball placement is identical to that of mirmex box on eBay rn.

Secondly the pokeball logos:
You can see in several spots the pokeball logos are on the edge of the top view, meaning you’d expect the rest of the logo to wrap around to that side. They do not do this. Each side view pic is essentially a new pokeball logo set.

The seam locations:
Normal ex pokeball wrapped seals have a rippled seam on the back. This can be changed if the pokeball wrap was applied “sideways” as we can see on a legit trr box above from mirmex and from our friend gemmintpokemon on deoxys

Not only does this trr box side logo not have the ripples expected from sideways installation, but it has no seam at all on the front (normal for standard pokeball orientation but not sideways). Meaning that the pic used for the front of the box and the top of the box are almost definitely different boxes.

And for that reason
giphy

Also @Dyl I learned how to screenshot

20 Likes

What do you mean by sideways here?

Basically this:

Most ex boxes have pokeball logos facing “normally” diagonally up to the left. This will always always result in the ripple seal on the back edge of the box. If the worker at Pokemon puts the box in sideways or something to the heat seals machine the pokeball logos can face a different way. As seen on deoxys. This always results in the ripple seal section being on a different surface.

Side seals for side pokeballs
Front for upside down poekballs

They can still be legit this way but the ripple seal must match. Not only does this trr box not have the side ripple, but it is missing the flat seal on the front that would be expected (and shown on mirmex and gemmints) from a sideways installation

4 Likes

Ahh so the emerald box here is example of that “normal” diagonal left box and Deoxy is an example of how it can still be legit going another way? Thanks for the insight

1 Like

I’m no longer as confident after chatting with @wisewailmer. I withdraw my statement on authenticity. I’m not sure either way personally.

Edit: it’s defs fake

6 Likes

Yup and see how on gemmints box there is still a seam on the front of the box whereas on emerald there is no seam on the side with deoxys speed form. That is key as well. I think I have a pic of upside down legit box too somewhere, But key feature is that this box had the ripple seal on front and no seam on back due to the logos being upside down

1 Like

On the positive side, you could do a box break for TRR for 1k a pack pretty comfortably. So if someone does win it with that intention, you will have no issue getting your funds back from eBay (as long as it’s within the time period). Perhaps that’s the strategy here as I’m not sure keeping this sealed would make sense given the above points.

1 Like