Taiwan PokePark Promos

I’m half kidding.

It’s a joke. But you just never know. Such is how it works. If they aren’t ever for sale, the discovery of more would be irrelevant anyway.

Yeah, I purposefully avoided using superlatives…it’s just very unlikely. You never know - some crazy promo collector might try and buy these off me one day. I’ll hold on to them for as long as possible though!

Pics when I get them back :slight_smile:

Some crazy promo collector that needs the pikachu… (:

1 Like

Sorry matey. I’ll keep the search going for you. I imagine the Rayquaza will be of interest to some too…

2 Likes

I just stumbled across your listing:

www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/151455559656

To update your listing: these were handed out with the entry tickets to the Pokemon park in Taipei in 2006. They weren’t given out after classes, but we’re one of the promos you got at random with your entry ticket (like the WB movie promos). Guy I got this set from went every day and got a different one each time.

I imagine more than 100 were given out over the months the park was up and running, but there’s no way to confirm exact numbers.

Edit: these may well have been given out after classes, but that tournament took place within the PokéPark. They were also given out with entry tickets :slight_smile:

Can you type up a formal history with the best info we have?

1 Like

You have the right to be :wink:

1 Like

Sure. Now that I’ve come to my collecting goals - I’ll write up an article on Chinese cards :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thought you might appreciate some pics. Frustrating for the Rayquaza/Pikachu collectors I’m sure - sorry guys!

1 Like

Are you expecting these receive equally high grades like the Legend Maker holos did?

This is absolutely not a knock on your acquisition because it has nothing to do with your brilliant find. But that Rayquaza has to be some of the ugliest artwork ever of a Pokemon.

They were too busy making those legendary dogs look amazing and forgot to put effort into the Ray.

Nice cards Joe!

No offense taken as I thought the exact same thing! Could have been so nice.

By the way guys - any help with ID on these cards? I can see some were taken from pop series, some from black star promos. But when I looked them up, the artwork didn’t match. Would appreciate any input! Thanks!

2 Likes

Pikachu is definitely POP 4

Its strange that everyone I know, including myself, called them dogs even though they are clearly cats.

1 Like

We are moving from the topic but I can understand how you think Entei and Raikou are feline.

Suicune is most definitely canine in appearance and Entei is a lion crossed with mastiff.

I think the term dogs come from their beastly appearance. I will still call them dogs as they certainly don’t embody the feline qualities that would make me consider them otherwise.

all the POP cards do match up with their english versions. but pokemon did release a few cards from each POP pack into holos as a blister later on in the years. in japan some of them were from the PokePark file folders I am curious on how these were obtain considering the Pokepark rides had different artworks and had a label on them as well.

Check the article I made in the articles section. I have a suspicion these were printed in a bit of a hurry, as they match the Pokemon given out in the Japanese park, but don’t match all the cards.

Gamefreak officially call them Dogs. Suicune has the physiology of a Greyhound, Entei looks very dog-like but I don’t know which breed you would liken it to. Raikou does look very cat-like but *shrug*

1 Like

Mastiff :unamused: