PC: TAIWAN / CHINESE LANGUAGE POKEPARK CARDS

Hello,
first time poster here. If I did anything wrong in the posting, please let me know and I will address it. thanks for your help!

I bought a pokemon bulk lot on facebook and found some interesting Taiwan Chinese language cards.
They were before they relaunched Chinese language cards in Hong Kong and China and it seems like they are from 2006 during when Pokepark was open in Taiwan. If anyone is interested in the video of me opening them, i could post it also.

I followed the advice thread on before posting for a price check got some values from ebay last sold for 3000 usd on the chinese language championship arena (which is amazing !!) and can see the chinese language rayquaza listed for 650 (i sort of feel the 650 is farfetched) but for the other cards such as Pokemon fan club, Pikachu, Jirachi (sealed), & Tauros I would love some help to price check those ones.

I would like information on them also! I know many of them are POP promo arts in English.

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 Like

There’s an older thread about the Chinese Championship Arena card here: www.elitefourum.com/t/chinese-championship-arena/10882/1. It reveals that the card was a participation reward for attending training sessions at various locations around Taipei for 17 days in September 2006 ready for the opening of PokéPark.

It speculates that the card had less than 100 copies distributed (less than 6 cards per day), but considering Taipei is a pretty largely-populated place I can only assume this would be much higher.

1 Like

thanks for the help, yes i saw info on the championship arena, looking for more info on the other ones.

@veks I’ve just remembered @guangjoe 's old website which can still be accessed at web.archive.org/web/20200218105258/http://guangjoe.com/pokemon-cards-in-china. I’ll just quote the relevant section here as it takes a while to load with all the images:

This makes it sound like they’re all of the same rarity and were distributed at random.

1 Like

I’ve personally bought the Pikachu at the start of 2018 for 300 USD.

I’ve also lost three auctions for the Pikachu in November 2020, which ended at 128.50; 132.50; and 132.50 USD respectively. If the seller had only listed a single one instead of three simultaneously, it would probably have ended higher.

The Championship Arena is by far the most expensive; followed by the Pikachu and Rayquaza; and then all the others. Not sure about their values in the current market, though. Chinese cards also aren’t too popular among collectors overall, even though these POP/Nintendo Taipei PokéPark cards are pretty hard to find.

Greetz,
Quuador

thanks kindly for all the help and answers!

If anyone is interested, this is a video on when I found these cards on a $45 lot I bought in Taiwan.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

@veks ,
You really found a treasure. Championship Arena is easily a >1000 USD value card.
As far as i know there are 10 different pokepark cards (despite the confusing numbering on the cards).
Back in 2006 when PokePark opened in Taiwan you could exchange three tickets for a Jirachi card.

The other cards were distributed in the last week as follows:
Monday: Raikou
Tuesday: Entei
Wednesday: Suicune
Thursday: Celebi
Friday: Taurus
Saturday: Pikachu
Sunday: Rayquaza

Championship Arena was given for 2006 TCG event held in Taiwan. Very few were distributed.
Let me try to find out where the Pokemon Fan Club card was given for. i don’t know it.

Price wise i see these cards locally in Taiwan going for

• Championship Arena 1000 - 3000 USD (depending on the condition)
  • Jirachi: 150 - 250 USD
  • Pikachu: 250 - 400 USD

For the others i have no pricing information. From my personal feeling it looks like Jirachi is least rare (since it could be exchanged for three admission tickets) and it is also the one i encounter most “often” online.

3 Likes

Oh, didn’t knew they were distributed on different days like that. That’s pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Do you by any chance also know the date this event took place? I know it was in 2006, but I have no idea about the date, or even just the month.

Greetz,
Quuador

It took place September 1st through 17th if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Also this is the holder the cards came in.

3 Likes

Small edit on my previous post - the cards were distributed on the last week of the PokePark opening (not the first week).
The park was opened from 6/23/2006 to 9/24/2006.

The Pokemon Fan Club was given to those who completed the TCG novice training event.

2 Likes

@pokehubtw, @augustdifirenze, thank you so much for the information! I am still holding onto them and just enjoying them even more with this information on them!.
This community is so awesome, thanks for going the extra mile and educating me!
have a great day

1 Like

You are most welcome. You question actually gave me the motivation to add it to my new chinese pokemon card wiki website: chinesepokemoncards.com/doku.php?id=pokepark_2006_promo its the only section ready at this moment :blush:

Chinese pokemon cards are underrated partly because the information is difficult to access for foreigners due to language constraints and of course the myth that all Chinese cards are fake.

1 Like