Tag Team GX All Stars

Does anyone have an idea what set Tag Team GX All Stars will be in English?

I think there is a big possiblity we are not going to get this set in English and some of the new cards from it will release in the last English Sun & Moon set.

2 Likes

It’s hard to say until they announce anything about it. Only set we really have comparable was with best of xy and tpci made the full arts promos divided between a powers box set and a premium collection box. So it could be like that.

2 Likes

After what happened with Ultra Shiny Gx i wouldnt be surprised if it gets released as the next ‘‘special’’ mini set. Same situation we seeing right now with Hidden fates.

3 Likes

If I had to guess, similar to past year end round up sets we won’t get this exact set as is in English, but most of not all the cards will be released in English as part of Cosmic Eclipse in November. I would be (*happily*) surprised if any card from Tag Team GX All Stars or other 2018-2019 sets was not included.

2 Likes

I am 95-100% sure that the Tag Team GX All Star set will be the 2020 Fall-Winter Artificial Limited Print Set coming in special boxes with Pins, ETBs and other clunky, plastic filled, and other environmental unfriendly packaging. Just like Hidden Fates, Dragon Majesty, Shining Legends and Generations.

Start saving money now so you can buy your All Star GX ETB next year for 75$!

5 Likes

I think it would be weird to release all these S&M cards that far into the S&S block. Might get another best of xy situation.

2 Likes

I feel like everything comes to English eventually, just have to wait it out. Like other’s said, I was so happy that Ultra Shiny GX was not coming to English (at least I thought) but it had the longest delay of any other set. Makes sense since its the biggest set.

Not sure if this answers your question but here’s the set list for Cosmic Eclipse (minus secret rares):

www.pokebeach.com/2019/10/full-cosmic-eclipse-set-list

2 Likes

Why? Hidden Fates includes a ton of reprints of cards that already rotated out of tournament play. It’s really odd that Nintendo/TPCi make decisions like this, since all they want is foiled out, complete full art/hyper rare, decks on tournaments. But as I said already, the GX All Stars will be 2020 ‘special’ set.

Have we ever had sets with a different card layout (set block, but I believe BW and XY had the same card layout) release at the same time? I believe this would be a first.

We’ve had XY Evolutions with a different card layout in between the XY style and SM style. So everything is possible. And if the GX All Stars is released as variation prints on various cards like Hidden Fates, some of the cards will already be out of rotation for standard. So it doesn’t matter than if numbers and card frames don’t match.

The real question is why would they NOT print it in english? TPCi isn’t gonna say no to easy money. Yes, most of the contents would probably be rotated out by then, but the masses won’t care. Just look at Ultra Shiny GX / Hidden Fates.

Remember that Hidden Fates cards are mostly only the shiny cards and other cards that weren’t released in English before. The normal GX cards weren’t released again.

So if any Tag Team All Stars cards release in English, it will most probably be only those cards that haven’t been printed before. For best of XY they did a Promo box with the unreleased Ultra Rares.

They won’t release those cards that again that are straight up reprints with no art difference. And there aren’t that many new cards in Tag Team All Stars that could make a proper English set.

So some cards will most likely release in our last S&M set and the rest will be in a Promo box, that’s my call. Hidden Fates happened because there were so many shiny cards in GX Ultra Shiny so it was possible to make a set + they included the Japanese family box cards in there too.

3 Likes

Those are some very good points and very well thought out responses. The collector part of me secretly wishes they release this similar to BoXY, wherein you just buy a box and get it over with.
There is just a sinister part of me that won’t believe they won’t put this into booster packs / pin collections / special box sets what with tye amount of gold cards in the set. Very interested to see how this plays out.

I definitely expect the new art cards of Tag All Stars to be 2020’s English “special set,” really the only question is what filler they’ll supplement it with to make a full English expansion’s worth of cards.

1 Like