SSV and Japanese Print Run Question

As I recently started collecting again I’ve been really enjoying Japanese cards. I’ve heard that JP tends to not overprint or reprint sets to oblivion as can happen in the US but I was wondering how people feel this will go with how hard SSV is to find in general? I saw that they reprinted Tag Team GX lately as well so not sure if this is a sign of things to come or par for the course.

ssv is easy to find and get hold of, the price just varies. They are printing more in Feb I believe and releasing it in waves due to supply issues.

1 Like

I did see the reprint coming up but as you said it’s easy to get at higher prices but very difficult at retail. I guess the question is does JP historically tend to keep reprinting till supply is readily available at msrp or do they just move on to the next sets?

There is a reprint wave coming and possibly more based on what they have said recently. Printing in waves to meet demand, that should bring prices down a bit but I think msrp prices are long gone. You wont be finding them for £35 like pre orders were before the zard announcement. Even Japanese sites that listed at close to dist prices have cranked the prices up XD If people will pay then why not. The set really is great, a special pull in minimum 4 packs out of 10, usually more. It is exciting to open(i opened far more than I had planned XD) and there is plenty of demand, even with new people to the hobby. I had a guy brand new to the hobby buy 5 ssv and 3 ttas off me, not to flip but to open and enjoy. That is what we want, genuine interest in the cards and sets.
We will be seeing more waves for sure aswell as them moving to other sets. It looks like there are more reprints of sets to come(dont quote me, based on being able to pre order) such as s4, ssv and legendary heartbeat(theyve already done a reboot campaign for ttas and alter genesis).

1 Like

Great thanks for your insight! I do love the set, like you I opened way more than I planned on doing so and it has been a real struggle finding any close to MSRP for the next reprint haha. It’s interesting to hear about the additional reprints coming of other sets as well! I just snagged some Tag team which I’m pumped to open :blush: