square cut base set unlimited charizrd

At a store and this guy has two of these on display saying he got them from someone at WOTC are these legit square cuts? I figured some of you may be able to tell a real from a fake.

2 Likes

PMed you!

there are 99% sure handcut from a sheet.

1 Like

I’d ask them for a name of the employee. Feel free to pm me their response. Realistically these were hand cut.

2 Likes

Not sure their origin but if he’s asking less than 1000.00 it’s a steal.

Edit: just noticed it’s a foreign copy.

What would you say is a fair price for them? And will psa grade these ?

Thanks I will ask tomorrow. Is being hand cut bad?

Most square cut cards you see were hand cut, its very hard to prove that you have a legitimate square cut card, usually you will have to take someones word and take their reputation into consideration

1 Like

The production of the hand cut cards stemmed mainly from the english base set cards from my understanding. The fact that this one is Italian actually adds some some legitimacy to its existence

PSA won’t grade them but as long as BGS accepts the foreign aspect, they will. They grade English ones.

I would pay 500.00 for them both but that’s only because I have more money than sense;)

3 Likes

How much is worth a french 1st edition squarecut? Like this one

I suppose whatever someone will pay for something that for all intents and purposes can’t be authenticated. As long as it holds that certain value to that someone, maybe $400 to $600? That isn’t to say it couldn’t sell for more. There’s a pretty big demand for French 1st editions.

Sell me your french one :unamused:

I bought it from The Charizard Authority so I think it is a pretty legit squarecut. Btw Thanks for the price check :blush:
It isnt up for sale tho ^^

2 Likes

it turned out the seller had a English copy I have been advised to get it graded with BGS since PSA will not grade it. Do you guy’s think it will will grade 9 or higher?

Scan’s

4 Likes

Dang it looks awesome!

yes sir. i just never worked with bgs before so idk how strict they are

from what i can see it looks really nice!

1 Like

BGS is has a slightly lower mint standard than PSA so the silvering on the left front edge shouldn’t be a big deal. As long as there aren’t more than a few surface imperfections its definitely a BGS 9 candidate! nice purchase :blush: