Small Depression (?) on Card Back

Hi all,

I noticed this small depression (for lack of a better term…don’t think it’s a dent) on the upper right-hand corner of this Japanese card back. It looks like part of the texture they put into the card back, but somehow concentrated in one point. From afar (second photo below), it just looks like a small speck.

I know dents are catastrophic when it comes to grading, but would something like this have an impact?

That is extremely subtle, not sure if it will be caught, but if it is they will treat it as damage. I’d expect potentially -2 if it is noticed. But that is very subtle so who knows.

Thanks for the input! Just out of curiosity, would this be treated as damage instead of a printing imperfection because it’s closer to an edge chip or a roller line (than say a misplaced ink blob)?

i had something similar on back of card - it got a psa 8. i crossed it over to bgs and it got a 9.5

to be fair, i think the 9.5 is more representative of the card condition. then again, this is why people trust PSA’s standard - their surface grading criteria is so strict if you have a psa 9 or 10, u wouldnt expect any of such issues (unless a misgrade) imo

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, very helpful!

1 Like