Skyridge release date

Hey all, just looking for the skyridge release date in Germany specifically the day, month and year this information would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Is it not May 12th 2003, same as English?

1 Like

Not sure, do you have a source for the release date?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skyridge_(TCG)

“The English expansion was released on May 12, 2003, while the Japanese expansions were released on August 23, 2002 and October 4, 2002 respectively.”

No clue when German Skyridge was released, but this is the source for the English release date.

2 Likes

Thanks, do you know if there’s a way to find German release date? Would I need to email wizards of the coast?

Couldn’t hurt. And also I don’t know much about European language cards but I’m surprised there’s not more of a collector base for them. Seems that info/communities for Euro cards are kind of scarce

I doubt you’d have any success contacting WotC about it – they haven’t been involved with the Pokemon TCG for nearly two decades. I think it’s a safe assumption, though, that German Skyridge was released at some point between May 12, 2003 and October 1, 2003, which is when WotC lost the distribution rights to the TCG. Kind of broad range, but better than nothing.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately I need the exact date as psa won’t grade them without the release date

Ha, interesting. I’m going to play devil’s advocate here and say you might as well just make up a date. If the biggest Pokemon authentication company can’t figure it out, how can they expect you to know it? And how are they going to verify it anyway if they don’t know it themselves?

Admittedly, this isn’t the best option, but it’s better than not being able to get your cards graded at all, just for that stupid reason.

2 Likes

FWIW I didn’t pull that date out of thin air, the German poke wiki also has that date listed as the release, but it says English hence my question.

www.pokewiki.de/Skyridge_(TCG)

1 Like

I believe they will ask for a source, i mean cgc and Becketts would grade them and just put 2003 not sure why psa needs the day and month if it’s not even going on the label

As I remember correct in the past the German language releases came close after the English ones. For Skyridge it’s simple 2003 should always be the year.

1 Like

I told them the date may 12 2003 but they said that’s the English release date. I’m still researching but it’s difficult to find.

Amigo spiele was the distributor at that time. Also for Organized Play. They might be able to help you.

1 Like

Are there any German TCG magazines you could look up archives for?

Another problem with Skyridge is that the release of the english version was delayed several times, so some of the promotional material (if there was any) is likely to be off, I know pkmn.net reported a US release date of 5/5 as late as april 21st 2003.

Carta Mundi, Wotc and the german distributors are unlikely to be of any assistance. My best bet (though still unlikely) would be talking to german store owners and hope for the best. You’d probably have to pay them, I doubt anyone is going to trawl through 18 year old paperstacks for free on your behalf.

Edit: whoops, fixed the date

There’s already German Skyridge graded by PSA so I’m confused why they want a date from you

1 Like

For whatever reason Nintendo Germany has requested that the German Pokémon domain be excluded from Web Archive results, meaning all archives of the older pokemon.de website result in a “Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.”

eTCG and Bisfans pages from October 2003 through to June 2004 make no mention of Skyridge whatsoever, but eTCG does imply that Aquapolis was released in mid-January 2003 which would have been in line with the English release.

No mention of it on the pokemonexperte.de forum either as far as I can tell, and that forum goes back to the time period in question.