English Skyridge error

Have this card arriving soon and… have been unable to find a single thing about other English skyridge miscuts. Let me know what you think!

7 Likes

What kind of things did you want to know about it? Looks like the corner was creased during the corner rounding process and was not cut

I’m just curious how rare these are? I have never seen an English skyridge miscut, in this way or another. With or without a fold.

I think you answered your question. They’re definitely not common. Nice find!

5 Likes

I think this error is an outlier, that’s pretty interesting.

@Dyl I was hoping there may be a little more information out there, I’m not trying to be one of those guys posting a flex as a thinly veiled question

I won this pretty cheap on eBay, I’m just wondering if they’re as rare as my basal research has led me to believe. I refuse to believe it’s the ONLY one out there but I can’t even find mention of another

I purchased a holo jolteon from skyridge a couple of years ago and noticed a tiny green mark which looked like some pen marking. I was worried it was pen and the card was damaged but managed to find another copy that was psa 10 with the same exact marking, although it doesn’t seem to be common and I could not find any other information about this error. There are just some obscure errors that people aren’t really aware of. In your case, yours could just be a 1 off error.

This kind of thing can happen to any card from any set. There are not likely to be concrete estimates about how rare it is. Just a note, it will not add a massive premium to the card. There aren’t people looking to pay thousands of dollars for an unrounded corner. But it is cool and collectable for sure!

Regarding @wooltchi’s point, there are some cards throughout the e-Series block with odd “variants” on some copies, though I wouldn’t necessarily call them errors because they are so minimal. For example, there is a “black dot” variant of the Skyridge Holo Vaporeon. See below.

Black Dot Highlighted

Black Dot

No Black Dot

3 Likes

cool, thank you for the info. I dont even plan to sell it any time soon, so not too worried about a premium. I paid 41 dollars and I imagine I could get my money back if I need to.

It just seemed odd to me that I can’t track down even a mention of someone else having a similar card. Either way, thanks!

1 Like

If the blastoise red dot can be an error card, anything can be lol. But I agree that I think theyre just so minimal and unknown that most people don’t even know about them so theres not really a market for them. It’s interesting that theres multiple in e series given the general high quality of english at the time. Are there anymore that you know of? Im quite curious.

1 Like

Skyridge had some of the best QC in wotc Pokémon cards. My first time seeing a skyridge error ever

Sure, here are some examples. These pictures are not my own.

A notable oddity is the occurrence of inverted backs on Aquapolis commons.

Most copies of Magnemite from Aquapolis appear to have a faded black ink text while some do not.

Some Marill from EX Sandstorm were printed without a retreat cost.

3 Likes

this is where I was at when I bought it… Not thinking its worth thousands but it is the only Skyridge error ive seen (outside of a couple ink errors, and foreign cards)

It probably is (for now) the only one that exists, but maybe it will draw someone else out of the woodwork to show a similar card. It’s just one of those weird anomalies that occasionally happened during corner rounding process.

1 Like

Here’s another example of an inverted back, but from Expedition.

Here are some poorly rounded corners on Italian Skyridge cards:

1 Like

thanks for sharing! ive seen the inverted backs and italian miscuts before! again, I was really hoping to find out if there were more english errors…, which I’m sure there are just not very common!