Skyridge Houndoom or Aquapolis Houndoom?

Which one has the edge?

You talking in terms of artwork? Aquapolis, and it’s not even close, in my opinion.

Houndoom, in general, has some of the best art in the game. Neo Revelation Houndoom and Aquapolis Houndoom are two of the most beautiful cards in the TCG.

3 Likes

The aquapolis one gets my vote

1 Like

Yea artwork. And same.

I think the real debate should be between the Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny Houndooms.

2 Likes

Skyridge is way nicer imo.

Edit: But Neo Discovery Houndoom is my favorite.

Neo Destiny Houndoom doesn’t even hold a candle to Neo Rev Houndoom, in my opinion.

Neo Destiny Houndoom never did it for me. The artwork just looks too gaudy to me. Neo Rev Houndoom, on the other hand, looks classy, eerie and badass all at the same time.

If I had to rank the Houndoom WOTC artworks:

1.) Neo Rev
2.) Aquapolis
3.) Skyridge
4.) Neo Discovery
5.) Neo Destiny

2 Likes

I like Skyridge artwork! Kimiya Masago only illustrated a few cards during Neo, the E sets, the VS series and then two cards in Legend Maker, but his artwork stands out a lot to me.

3 Likes

neo rev! HOWL AT THE MOON!!!

Yea the neo destiny and discovery one would both be on the bottom of my list. I’d probably take the skyridge one over any neo houndoom, but neo rev and aquapolis definitely have the best artworks.

Aquapolis for sure

Aquapolis and it’s not even close!

On the subject of Houndoom, is anyone else upset that Houndoom never got an EX in the Ruby/Sapphire era?

Houndoom in debut generation is all in one and them some (EX Team Rocket Returns Arita). This thread is appreciative of Hellgar and meaningless to the inievatble direction that it’s streak for comparison is still swimming with Charon in Underworld rivers to Cerberus. The fire of fires from Discovery to Karen’s. To us from this we’re merely Janus in the midst of the ninth circle of Hell; a prophetic abomination craften in ashen ante anno Neo Discovery vomiting Karen in the shadows of the horns.

No artist gets unwanted credit less than Kimiya Masago. He was the first to take Pokémon detail into a real, serious biological, natural entity. Like Houndoom who was a compound deal back during inception.

And the irony of having Dark Houndoom as a Fire type with prime Kagemaru Himeno’s bold outlined manga direction to make the Goatberman appear sly and cheeky in thorns as a whole is another foundation of genius to the set it’s framed in.

1 Like

Feel that way for all who never made the best ex generation.

1 Like

Nice Nice

Let’s look at Neo Discovery Houndour.

The real answer is neo revelation

Aquapolis Houndoom for me from those 2. The holo pattern looks amazing and I had to get the card in Japanese :blush:

But on a side note, Houndoom always seems to have amazing art. I can’t remember a bad looking Houndoom card.

1 Like

Aquop 4 me. Neo Rev Houndoom is also amazing, as others have mentioned.