Size of the E4 app logo

There’s a uhhh… “fun” bug for certain Android users using certain versions of Chrome. If you have set up the homescreen app, the logo will start shrinking over time:

LOL

This is a bug on Google’s end so nothing can be done until they patch they issue. It’s been reported so it’s only a matter of time:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1363183

I believe reinstalling the “app” fixes it:

I’m curious if anyone else is having this problem? (post your app size?). True devotees of e4 should have a completely white square :joy:

slightly relevant xkcd comic

9 Likes

I’m in dark mode so I have a black square.

6 Likes

This new logo is 10/10 @pfm. Minimalism.

1 Like

Reminds me of this video

5 Likes

20220921_005901

I have been curious about this lol good to know

3 Likes

I don’t use the app, because I need to get things done while I’m away from the fourum. :sweat_smile: But that is interesting.

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s been fixed, allegedly. Reinstalling the app should fix it if you’re stil in micro mode

1 Like

this comic reminds me of that one time i took upon the initiative to make all e4 members draw themselves on a microsoft paint canvas. It didn’t take long b4 we lost most of the resolution and we had to give up.

1 Like

Just reinstalled. I’ll report back if it starts shrinking again. Load time is better as well. Was taking ~5 seconds before.

1 Like

I periodically run updates (the newest one has some interesting new features I may roll out soon). It takes 10-20 mins and I did run it last night. Normally the site speed is not affected but I did notice it too last night

Hi pfm, the masterball has two sections of light purple; looking at it straight on, like in the e4 logo, should reveal them both, and not just the one on the right hand side. Thank you for considering this for historical accuracy.

Hello coop, thanks for the scoop. I’m concerned about the “master ball” thing you speak of, I’m not sure what it has to do with the logo here. Certainly the logo is a very original design that may or may not have been inspired by existing intellectual properties but any likeness to this “master ball” are purely coincidental. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Thank you. No further questions.

5 Likes