Single booster Packs?

Hello - does anyone on here buy loose packs off ebay regularly? Looking to buy about $100 worth of loose packs in various different sets then open them at home. In your experience are almost all weighed? Or are you usually pleasently surprised and you usually get your 1 in 3 holo ratio?

Thanks!

Most of them are weighed, yes. I would not recommend doing so…

I have opened a couple and they had reverse holos but definitely was not worth opening (this was when I was starting to collect). I’m now a sealed collector so I buy loose packs regularly. It’s cheaper to get a booster box because all the pulls are for yourself. You could also just buy the card you want straight up. I don’t recommend buying loose packs if your going to open them (only if you trust the person enough).

Sadly, most tend to be weighed. But there are some sellers out there that don’t weigh them, you would probably have to refer to their feedback based of previous sales. I believe that if you are trying to buy any of the recent packs from sun and moon packs they cant be weighed, but the older ones the chances of them being weighed is lot higher!

Study up on your sets on youtube.

There are Japanese sets where every pack as a holo, so weighing them wouldn’t work.

Then some (Eng and JP) sets have certain ultra rares in a different slot than the regular rare, so even if they were weighed, you get get an ultra rare, like a Platinum shiny, prime, or reverse holo crystal.

Next you have mappable sets, where you could get no holos, or you could get some, but then full arts or all ultra rares have been picked. For SuMo base, I’m unsure of other sets.

I believe plenty of newer sets are not possible to weigh, because they have white/green codes, which vary in weight, to throw off the difference in a non-holo vs. a holo.

Also have sets like Generations, where someone could weigh out regular holos and Ex cards, but not the RC ex cards.

Did Japanese base set have a holo in every pack?

Not sure, go check for a youtube opening!

Japanese base set packs had a holo 1 in 2 packs. Only standard (not cp, dragon vault, etc) set like that.

2 Likes

The best way to approach them is to assume 100% of loose packs are weighed and go from there,

It is a gamble… I had situations of 0/3 loose packs and 3/3 loose packs. If you see them selling 24 it’s definitely weighted. Try to see their sold listings…did they sold any more of those packs, if so how many, did they sold any PSA holo from that set, etc.

I just wanted to say the same.

Assume all are weighted, if you just want the pack this is of course no issue.
If you plan on buying older packs in hope of pulling holo cards, book one ticket to hose town.